Coaching Staff

CAPJ

Dude, all I want from a DC is a defense with frickin TEETH! Show me a defense that attacks, tackles, gets the qb on the ground, gets turnovers!!!!

I'm so sick of rookies, 2nd year and, has-beens, etc getting 3rd and 19 or 2nd and 22 or whatever against our Swiss cheese defenses!

Give me a defense that HITS HARD!!!

10 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Dude, all I want from a DC is a defense with frickin TEETH! Show me a defense that attacks, tackles, gets the qb on the ground, gets turnovers!!!!

I'm so sick of rookies, 2nd year and, has-beens, etc getting 3rd and 19 or 2nd and 22 or whatever against our Swiss cheese defenses!

Give me a defense that HITS HARD!!!

I think a lot of teams are looking for that. Defense in general is neutered in the NFL. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Anyone have any insight on Nolans defense? Is it Man, Zone, blitz heavy etc.

Has both a 4/3 and 3/4 background. Historically solid in takeaways. Plays tighter coverage with DBs, which is more aggressive. Inherent flaw with that is his defense tends to give up more big plays. I cant find if he 1 gaps or 2 gaps with his DL, but I am assuming 2 gaps. He likes to have a big fat NT. 

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Has both a 4/3 and 3/4 background. Historically solid in takeaways. Plays tighter coverage with DBs, which is more aggressive. Inherent flaw with that is his defense tends to give up more big plays. I cant find if he 1 gaps or 2 gaps with his DL, but I am assuming 2 gaps. He likes to have a big fat NT. 

Man coverage or zone? 

How does he play his LBs? Will LVE and Jaylon fit?

How do our current corners fit into his scheme?

9 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Man coverage or zone? 

How does he play his LBs? Will LVE and Jaylon fit?

How do our current corners fit into his scheme?

Multiple defense. He switches a lot from man/zone. Puts a huge emphasis on versatility. Does like fast LBs, so we should be fine there. 

At least, this is the information I can find on him.

• Like 1

Frank Cignetti, who was a QB coach under MM in GB and also was a regular in The McCarthy Project was hired for the OC spot at Boston College  

That probably helps keep Moore and Kitna in house. 

The other mentioned as part of his regular meetings are Jim Haslett and Scott McCurley.

Haslett has already been mentioned as a possible LB coach.  McCurley was a defensive asst in GB. 

Also if Colombo isn't retained, I'd keep an eye out for Joe Philbin. He's been a long time asst for MM and zone blocking is his forte.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Interesting. Posted an article last week about the potential of KM being on the short list for OC there. 

I have a feeling he heads off to Washington. 

What is it with you and negative posts. First you want JG to get an extension now you want one of the few bright spots of our past season to run off and leave us.

You are such a masochist.