Coaching Staff

CAPJ

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Super interesting. Reading between the lines, Kellen Moore must have had issues with Kitna.

I agree with what you are implying as well. Witten probably back next year, if not at TE, at TE coach. 

Where are ya'll getting that impression from that short article? What am I missing?

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Kitna.

Here’s the timeline:

-We hire McCarthy

-McCarthy decides to keep Kellen Moore as OC

-Despite never having talked to Dak, McCarthy decides to let QB coach Kitna go, not to hire his own guy, but to reassign the previous regime’s TE coach.

Someone wasn’t a big fan of Kitna. It only really makes sense that it was Moore. 

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Here’s the timeline:

-We hire McCarthy

-Despite never having talked to Dak, McCarthy decides to let QB coach Kitna go, not to hire his own guy, but to reassign the previous regime’s TE coach.

Someone wasn’t a big fan of Kitna. It only really makes sense that it was Moore. 

Indeed. Not talking to Dak before making a QB decision led everyone to assume MM wanted HIS guy. He didn't hire his guy, though. He stayed in-house and just reshuffled. 

It's super interesting. Sometimes I wish we had greater insight to the internal power dynamics of the team. I'd imagine *most* of the established talking points we read on this forum would be wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Indeed. Not talking to Dak before making a QB decision led everyone to assume MM wanted HIS guy. He didn't hire his guy, though. He stayed in-house and just reshuffled. 

It's super interesting. Sometimes I wish we had greater insight to the internal power dynamics of the team. I'd imagine *most* of the established talking points we read on this forum would be wrong. 

Jerry wanted Kitna to join the staff a while ago, but Linehan put the kibosh on it. I wonder if there may be some residual issues there. Moore was pretty Loyal to Linehan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Here’s the timeline:

-We hire McCarthy

Thx. I understood the timeline. It just never occurred to me that was (or could be) the case. I guess you can connect those dots. 

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I know I'm being like a dog with a bone. But how do we know he hadn't to Dak first? I've read the 874 posted tweets on this forum since MM, but I certainly could have missed it.

I guess I'm just not ready to jump on that conclusion yet.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

I know I'm being like a dog with a bone. But how do we know he hadn't to Dak first? I've read the 874 posted tweets on this forum since MM, but I certainly could have missed it.

I guess I'm just not ready to jump on that conclusion yet.

Someone asked him - on Friday, I think - if he had talk to Dak and his response was: no, I've been busy, but I need to get on it and call him.

• Like 1