Coaching Staff

CAPJ

2 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Maybe our players will make it without back issues now lol

Ha....I remember when the hamstring was the frequent injury.

I remember we used to joke players would pull a hammy just getting on or off the plane. lol

Edited by HDsportsfan

So I know Garrett wasn't it as a HC but can I get some thoughts on if he'd be a solid/good OC?

It sounds like there's some rumblings there's a good chance he may end up being the guy for us there.

Edited by .Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

So I know Garrett wasn't it as a HC but can I get some thoughts on if he'd be a solid/good OC?

It sounds like there's some rumblings there's a good chance he may end up being the guy for us there.

If you never want to run the ball again he’s great

4 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

Fans usually always hate coordinators/playcalling unless their winning.

Just wanted to get some background info here.

Edited by .Buzz

12 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

This...just isn't true. Zeke's been utilized a good bit since he came here, when we had Marion Barber he was used quite a good bit as well...hell, I'd argue there were times where we ran too often this past season. 

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

This...just isn't true. Zeke's been utilized a good bit since he came here, when we had Marion Barber he was used quite a good bit as well...hell, I'd argue there were times where we ran too often this past season. 

Not when he was OC though.

I believe that was 2007 - 2009?

We ranked 21st, 25th, and 17th in rushing attempts those years

53 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Not when he was OC though.

I believe that was 2007 - 2009?

We ranked 21st, 25th, and 17th in rushing attempts those years

Still doesn't make sense. 2007 -2008 we had TO, Miles Austin and Jason Witten. Our Rb was Barber and Felix Jones. Tell me would you not be more pass dominant in this situation? Also remember Barbers career was short lived from his physicality. After Dallas what did Felix Jones and Tashard Choice make of themselves? This is like saying the Chiefs should run the ball more this year. 

Edited by eagles suck

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Fans usually always hate coordinators/playcalling unless their winning.

Just wanted to get some background info here.

The issue with Garrett was that he was not only gutless as a playcaller, but inconsistent with respect to which predictable, vanilla, scheme he ran.

For example, we went 4 straight years where we all but ignored running the ball, especially in critical short yardage and goal line situations, so every team knew what play was coming. Later on, he ran the ball heavily, and would call the exact same plays in the exact same situations, regardless of whether they were successful or not, so teams knew what was coming.

Garrett also has a history of not getting plays called quickly, which tips the hand of an offense, and he will be as overly conservative as he can be in nearly every critical situation. So, be prepared to punt the ball on 4th and inches when you’re on your opponent’s 42 yard line, down by 2, with 3 minutes left in the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Tampa-2 defense; single gap penetration, openly ignores the NT position, very little blitzing, and most of the defense will flow through your LBs.

I remember tons of Cowboy fans claiming he was the best DL coach in the NFL awhile ago. Is this still the case? He has helped develop some good players and I was surprised he wasn't retained. Was it due to his age or what?