Jump to content
CAPJ

Coaching Staff

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Moore maintains PC duties, but I'm sure that McCarthy will have some input - which is a good thing. McCarthy's experience can only help in Moore's growth. 

This is true.

But damn this is starting out a bit like JG. LOL JG had more experience when he was named OC but there are similarities. Just no JJ outright announcing it. I by no means is suggesting it's the actual case. Just scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

This is true.

But damn this is starting out a bit like JG. LOL JG had more experience when he was named OC but there are similarities. Just no JJ outright announcing it. I by no means is suggesting it's the actual case. Just scary.

I know people are mostly happy about retaining Moore but I wonder if MM was pressured at all into keeping him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I know people are mostly happy about retaining Moore but I wonder if MM was pressured at all into keeping him

I speculated that on the last page. It seems like a huge contradiction for MM to say his biggest mistake ever was giving up play calling.... only to give up playcalling again. 

This doesnt pass the sniff test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I know people are mostly happy about retaining Moore but I wonder if MM was pressured at all into keeping him

I was wondering this the day he was hired if he was gonna really get to pick his own staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I speculated that on the last page. It seems like a huge contradiction for MM to say his biggest mistake ever was giving up play calling.... only to give up playcalling again. 

This doesnt pass the sniff test. 

Eh...I mean, his prints are on the rest of the staff. I think he just realizes the offense wasn’t the main issue last year, Kellen is a bright guy and up-and-comer...so why mess with a good thing?

That’s some dedication

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lett interview has me wondering if Tomsula is actually coming to Dallas. I don't recall seeing any confirmation on that. Like Lett, but losing Tomsula would be a big blow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

The Lett interview has me wondering if Tomsula is actually coming to Dallas. I don't recall seeing any confirmation on that. Like Lett, but losing Tomsula would be a big blow. 

Al Harris? The packers CB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The Lett interview has me wondering if Tomsula is actually coming to Dallas. I don't recall seeing any confirmation on that. Like Lett, but losing Tomsula would be a big blow. 

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mccarthy-confirms-staff-changes-al-harris-added


Lett could be interviewing for assistant DL. Everything I’ve read has said Tomsula is coming here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

 

Anyone know much about him? I know he coached OBJ but meh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, D82 said:

Anyone know much about him? I know he coached OBJ but meh 

Probably the biggest meh (disappointing) hiring yet. Could have done much better in that regard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 8:28 PM, DaBoys said:

 

He's known to turn nobodies into serviceable. Jason Hatcher, David Irving, George Selvie, Jeremy Mincey, Benson Mayowa, Antuan Woods, Nick Hayden, Henry Melton, Terrell McClain, Josh Brent, Jack Crawford, Tyrone Crawford, Maleik Collins

And yes, DeMarcus Lawrence Then the Bears and Bucs he had better talent: Tommie Harris, Israel Idonije, Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice had great stretches under Marinelli.

You can probably "thank" Rod Marinelli for making Booger McFarland relative enough to be on MNF

So I tweeted this out to someone on Twitter who was asking about Marinelli.

 

 

I'm new to twitter and often forget how public it is.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So I tweeted this out to someone on Twitter who was asking about Marinelli.

 

 

I'm new to twitter and often forget how public it is.

 

 

who is that?

edit: nvm

Edited by Calvert28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mincey replied to one of my Reddit posts like 4 and a half years ago. I was hyping up that 2015 DL, how nice it was to have him coming off the bench as a 5th/6th man. He just talked up D-Law, Crawford, Gregory etc, said he’d had time in the sun

God what a disappointing season that was. Very much prepped me for 2019

Edited by matt79511

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×