Coaching Staff

CAPJ

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

Solid.  McCarthy is assembling quite the staff.  Hearing rumors that he's going after Tomsula for DL?

#superstaff is trending around here. ANd somewhere in one fo these several threads someone posted a tweet about Tomsula.

BTW @Northland….you need to change your sig below from Garrett is going to.....Garret is Gone.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

May not be a popular opinion, but I am not uber confident about Nolan and I hope we bring back Richard.

Really? If he has talent present, his defenses have been pretty good.

I don't see the attraction for KR at this point either. I think the environment in general probably didn't help him, but  for the secondary being his supposed area of expertise, they didn't show it at all. I'd be shocked if he's asked back.

I don’t get it either. I expect way more with his addition and everyone talking him up to settle here when he could have been a HC. Regression across the board really on his part. I think Nolan will be fine with talent and experience. I’m not saying to discount his Atlanta days however that defense is pretty starved at talent. He has so much to work with here and I truly believe there will be more of an emphasis on the DL more than ever. Especially with the supposed addition of Tomsula 

31 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Really? If he has talent present, his defenses have been pretty good.

I don't see the attraction for KR at this point either. I think the environment in general probably didn't help him, but  for the secondary being his supposed area of expertise, they didn't show it at all. I'd be shocked if he's asked back.

What about Byron Jones going from draft bust to all pro in his first year with KR? Obviously the switch to CB helped but he was a CB first then went to safety, then back to CB under KR and balled out. 

We averaged the 19th ranked pass defense in the two years before KR, and 10th in the two years with him.

I thought there was a clear and obvious improvement in our secondary with KR. Especially his 1st year.