Coaching Staff

CAPJ

26 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
29 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

2005 had a ton of eventual head coaches. But it did not have that many at the time.

Oh. Absolutely. I just went back and looked.

Not counting Bill, it has 6 guys who would go on to be Head Coaches in the NFL and 3 others who would go to college. 

I think only out QB coach, our DL coach and our Special Teams Coach would never become a head coach. Wild. 

It reminds me of the Billy B - Browns. If they had just stuck together longer, it could have been magical. 

Little bit I can tell you about Philbin....

1. Zone guy all the way.
2. Technique emphasis. Loves teaching.
3. Smaller/quicker OL preferred
4. Kirk Ferentz Era was kick started with weight program and OL. Philbin was a huge part of that....Robert Gallery, Eric Steinbach, Bruce Nelson, and a handful of others cut their teeth under Philbin and made their way to the NFL.  He was Matt Birk's OL coach at Harvard as well.

I honestly don't believe this OL will miss a beat with him in charge. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm going rogue in my enthusiasm.

Damn guy is about to lose his mind I think having to live in Philly as well as the Dallas disappointment.

But in all seriousness, the change of scenery we're experiencing at the moment is a breath of fresh air for all of us. Hard not to have at least a little bit of optimism.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Northland said:

For the first time in a long time I am genuinely excited about the upcoming season.

Me too. McCarthy is cleaning house and I couldn't be happier. See ya Columbo. See ya Sanjay Lal. See ya Air Coryell offense.  

The only one that I'm okay with from the previous staff staying is Kellen Moore.

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

From the reports I’ve heard the last 2 weeks, this is a good move. I’ve heard he may have been cancerous behind the scenes 

where? regardless he produced two 1000 yard WRs. It's not like we were doing that every year prior to his arrival

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

where? regardless he produced two 1000 yard WRs. It's not like we were doing that every year prior to his arrival

The team also lead the league in drops. Maybe because he had them catching bricks during the offseason. They are good receivers but only Jerry Rice can catch Bricks