Jump to content
brushmyhair

Has anyone on this forum ever attended the NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

Nashville was like a block party in the downtown/Broadway Street with a huge stage. It was basically just show up and stand then get in through the app close to the stage. Pretty cool once you got in.

Dallas it was half the stadium seating with the stage inside and every seat was good IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Dallas was free

Nashville was free

You download an NFL app specific to the event and then join a queue, or "virtual line".

Basically once your number comes up on the waiting list you have a window of time to check in using the app. All for free.

The sooner you are there and download the app and join the list then the sooner you will get in.

It is just fun to visit somewhere new and mingle really. You'll have fun regardless if you're into the prospects and follow the draft.

What is the app called?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Dallas was free

Nashville was free

You download an NFL app specific to the event and then join a queue, or "virtual line".

Basically once your number comes up on the waiting list you have a window of time to check in using the app. All for free.

The sooner you are there and download the app and join the list then the sooner you will get in.

It is just fun to visit somewhere new and mingle really. You'll have fun regardless if you're into the prospects and follow the draft.

Is the app available yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Is the app available yet?

usually comes out closer to draft day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

usually comes out closer to draft day

What's the name of the app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be at this upcoming draft. Vegas is close enough that it doesn't matter if the Rams have a pick or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there in Nashville.  It was totally free there, at least.  Fun as well, until the next morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been to the draft, but if they have it in Chicago again some day (or even better, in Minnesota) I would probably go - especially if we could get a group from Football's Future to meet there and hang out together. 

One thing I wish is that they would go back to 15 minutes between picks in the first round.  When it's only 10 minutes it seems to go by too quickly.  We spend so much time researching prospects, looking at mock drafts, etc., leading up to the big event it's nice to savor the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, BayRaider said:

I’m assuming very far away from the stage to the point it looks like an ant. Didn’t 650,000 people show up to the draft last year in Nashville?

Very good chance I go again this year as I went to Nashville last year.

I was very quick on the app - got top 50 out of the thousands of people around. It wasn't seating though you stood in team specific areas. So we had to stand on a Raiders logo with other fans. If you're fast on the app you're gonna get a good spot.

I had a great time. Mid way through the first round they randomly selected my friend and I to move to the seating in the front, but I had to sit with the 9ers because I was with my 9er friend and he had a team shirt on. We got bobbleheads and stuff and sat about 50 feet from the stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back in 2013 when it was still in NY - One of the cooler sporting events I’ve ever been to. 
 

Found out I was sitting next to EJ Manuels aunt when she burst out in tears when he was selected. Also spent some time talking with Sheldon Richardson’s cousins who told me “Sheldon gon love New York, Sheldon love to party!”. Mixed emotions hearing that as a Jets fan lol. 
 

Crazy atmosphere, would highly recommend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Very good chance I go again this year as I went to Nashville last year.

I was very quick on the app - got top 50 out of the thousands of people around. It wasn't seating though you stood in team specific areas. So we had to stand on a Raiders logo with other fans. If you're fast on the app you're gonna get a good spot.

I had a great time. Mid way through the first round they randomly selected my friend and I to move to the seating in the front, but I had to sit with the 9ers because I was with my 9er friend and he had a team shirt on. We got bobbleheads and stuff and sat about 50 feet from the stage.

So depending on what you are wearing, they'll move you to the area? How quick do you have to be on the app, and when I Say quick, I'm talking about what day do you have to be on the app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went both years it was in Chicago and took my son. We only went to the draft itself one of the years on day 2. All the stuff they have around the event was a lot of fun and much more appealing to my kid. I'd say it's worth going whether you get into the draft itself or not. It's a fun atmosphere and all the fans from all different teams were cool in our experience.

Even more fun for my son and me was going to the combine in Indy. You sign up in advance and then they contact you if you get free tickets. They have a bunch of other things going on in another venue too, like the bench press. You can see the Lombardi trophy, see all the championship rings, and so on. Plus you end up rubbing elbows with a lot of coaches and media types in a casual setting if you just go to any breakfast place close to the stadium. Not as much of a party as I'm imagining the draft in Vegas will be, but a lot of fun for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

So depending on what you are wearing, they'll move you to the area? How quick do you have to be on the app, and when I Say quick, I'm talking about what day do you have to be on the app?

Its the day of as in, you download the app, you hang out near the draft area and at 12pm noon you press a button on the app to "get in the virtual line". I pressed it like to the second the clock hit noon.

And yes basically to get pulled up to the VIP area. They don't want you on camera if you are wearing the wrong team's clothes. Like they put you or seat you in areas with your team so they can point the camera at the fans when the pick is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Its the day of as in, you download the app, you hang out near the draft area and at 12pm noon you press a button on the app to "get in the virtual line". I pressed it like to the second the clock hit noon.

And yes basically to get pulled up to the VIP area. They don't want you on camera if you are wearing the wrong team's clothes. Like they put you or seat you in areas with your team so they can point the camera at the fans when the pick is up. 

My plane leaves around 10:50 and arrives around 12:30. I'm not too far from Vegas, Would I be too late to be put in a section that would potentially be on TV when the team Picks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×