Breakdown what caused the offense to be so poor this season?

Cyrusp1991

3 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Jules didn't take that big a step back as far as catch percentage during the regular season (69% vs 65%).  Some of those misses were glaring though.

That 4% though is the drops we all remember... in the NFL one drop can win or lose a game 

Just now, mission27 said:

That 4% though is the drops we all remember... in the NFL one drop can win or lose a game 

Don't I know it.  Welker in '10.  Don't remind me.  Just using the numbers as a side by side to show it wasn't as egregious as it seems on the surface.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elky said:

Ideal WR corps for 2020

A.J. Green / Emmanuel Sanders

Julian Edelman

N'Keal Harry

Mohamed Sanu

Matt Slater (should never see offensive snaps!)

Cameron Brate

I'd obviously take Green, but there's a reason he's kicking around like he has been. He's nothing like the Green of old - but it's still an improvement, yeah!

Marvin Jones is a FA. Separation! We NEED players who can get separation, that's our bread and butter.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd obviously take Green, but there's a reason he's kicking around like he has been. He's nothing like the Green of old - but it's still an improvement, yeah!

Marvin Jones is a FA. Separation! We NEED players who can get separation, that's our bread and butter.

After 2020.

42 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

False!

He is just injury prone over the last two seasons. Still going to be a top 10 receiver when healthy.

Don't see it personally. I think he's lost a step. 

Didn't realise he was 31.

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Don't see it personally. I think he's lost a step. 

Didn't realise he was 31.

DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown*, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Kenny Galloday, Davonte Adams, Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham, Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen.

AJ Green is right there with all of them if not for his injury concerns.

Here is a look at some receiving stats taken from PFR's advanced receiving stats and NFL's NextGen Stats.

- 26th in YAC per reception

- 21st in broken tackle percentage

- 10th in highest drop percentage

NextGenStats only has info for WRs who had at least 43 targets, a list that includes 125 players. For the Patriots, that is Edelman, Dorsett and Sanu.

- In terms of separation per target, Sanu was ranked 37th, Dorsett was 61st and Edelman was 66th.

- In terms of expected YAC/R - actual YAC/R, Dorsett was 98th, Sanu was 103rd and Edelman was 111th.

Here's a look at all NE players who were targeted this season, sorted by # of targets.

dWI8gou.png

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Here is a look at some receiving stats taken from PFR's advanced receiving stats and NFL's NextGen Stats.

- 26th in YAC per reception

- 21st in broken tackle percentage

- 10th in highest drop percentage

NextGenStats only has info for WRs who had at least 43 targets, a list that includes 125 players. For the Patriots, that is Edelman, Dorsett and Sanu.

- In terms of separation per target, Sanu was ranked 37th, Dorsett was 61st and Edelman was 66th.

- In terms of expected YAC/R - actual YAC/R, Dorsett was 98th, Sanu was 103rd and Edelman was 111th.

Here's a look at all NE players who were targeted this season, sorted by # of targets.

dWI8gou.png

White standing out like a Grail-shaped beacon on that list and Michel is useless in the pass game.

Dorsett didn't have any drops?

40 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

White standing out like a Grail-shaped beacon on that list and Michel is useless in the pass game.

Dorsett didn't have any drops?

Michel really wasn't as bad as his utilization by McDaniels was for a vast majority of the season. Also, with his limited snaps and targets in the pass game, Michel's percentages are greatly affected. At least one of those three drops was a wide open touchdown that Brady for whatever reason was wildly inaccurate on. The other two I cannot remember but Michel isn't as bad as the flack he has gotten.