Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

6 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

If there's one thing I'm taking away from tonight is that neither side of the line for Baltimore was good enough.

4 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Just look at their QB sneak vs ours.

The problem wasn’t just the OL, with the Titans they converted because they had our smaller personnel in there on those plays because they were spreading us out. Roman has all these big sets in the game on 4th and 1 consistently. If our line doesn’t get movement, we have no shot on those plays. Whereas if we spread out, we can still run Lamar up the middle if the line gets movement, but he also has the option to find a create outside and make something happen by passing it or running it. Roman called a terrible game. Then the clock management at the end of the 2nd quarter where we save all the TOs again was terrible. This loss is on the coaches and the receivers outside of Hollywood. Harbaugh didn’t have the ideal clock management, though I won’t fault him too too much as I think he’s the one that told Lamar to be more aggressive with running the football if the pass wasn’t there. The announcers mentioned that he said something to Lamar on the bench and I’m guessing that’s what it was. Had Lamar been more aggressive running sooner, like earlier in the 2nd half when the Titans stopped dropping 8, we have a better shot at the comeback, but even then... if Hurst catches that pass, we have a shot there.

So is it safe for me to call Greg Roman trash like I've been saying since the beginning? He let Dean Pees stun him again at home. This is why I wanted him gone alone with Marty. He was just as much to blame for last year as him as well. You abandoned the run with the run at 14-6 for no apparent reason. And he hates Hayden Hurst. Disgusting.

However, it was a hell of a season. Surprised the $#%* outta me. I had us at 9-7 and they went on to have an historic run. Just upset that we laid down at home for the second year in a row, but it was still a fun ride that ended too soon.

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

I think the Ingram injury really messed with the coach's heads on this. As soon as there was one bad run on him we straight up abandoned the run altogether. 

Ditto. We're built to bully, but the coaches flinched. I'm putting this on them over the players 100%. There were mistakes here and there, but a better day from command sees us walk away with a comfortable dub imo.

2 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

So is it safe for me to call Greg Roman trash like I've been saying since the beginning? He let Dean Pees stun him again at home. This is why I wanted him gone alone with Marty. He was just as much to blame for last year as him as well. You abandoned the run with the run at 14-6 for no apparent reason. And he hates Hayden Hurst. Disgusting.

Roman is villain of the game for sure. Your year long skepticism campaign of him has been rewarded lol.

2 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

However, it was a hell of a season. Surprised the $#%* outta me. I had us at 9-7 and they went on to have an historic run. Just upset that we laid down at home for the second year in a row, but it was still a fun ride that ended too soon.

Gotta feel for the hometown fans that went to both games.

3 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Unless the Browns pull a surprise and hire him to be their HC, I think you'll be stuck watching an offense called by him for at least another year

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Roman is villain of the game for sure. Your year long skepticism campaign of him has been rewarded lol.

Gotta feel for the hometown fans that went to both games.

I wish it wasn't rewarded. I damn sure wish it wasn't. But @AFlaccoSeagulls saw a little bit of it too earlier in the year. And I'm going inside because my city is already violent, so I hope they don't go nuts since we got dealt with AT HOME. AT F#*%(ING HOME! AGAIN!

@drd23 We'll be stuck with him longer than that. I just hope that Hayden Hurst completely spazzes in the locker room because he was running circles around them boys and Lamar had tunnel vision for 89. 

Edited by RavensfanRD

Yeah, it was a bad game-plan and paralleled game-management... but those drops man. And that first drive where the passed bounced off of Andrews for an INT was probably the pivotal moment.

Bleh. It was a good, entertaining season. Sucks to end that way but oh well. The team is only going to come back better next year given how little turnover/loss of talent there will be.

Like I was telling my wife walking out of the stadium, as bad as that loss was, nothing will ever feel as bad as Billy Cundiff missing a field goal that could of helped us get to the Super Bowl. I literally felt sick in my stomach for the entire week after that. This is just another loss. 

Titans played the perfect game and we looked like a team that hadn't played in 3 weeks and felt like they were unbeatable. It happens. Onto next year. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

One thing I do want to touch on was the play calling on the two fourth down attempts early in the game. I don't think Roman could have called two worse plays, like EVER. That was a masterclass in horrible play calling and losing faith in what's worked literally the entire season. 

I thought the first one was fine. QB power was out play the entire year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Like I was telling my wife walking out of the stadium, as bad as that loss was, nothing will ever feel as bad as Billy Cundiff missing a field goal that could of helped us get to the Super Bowl. I literally felt sick in my stomach for the entire week after that. This is just another loss. 

Titans played the perfect game and we looked like a team that hadn't played in 3 weeks and felt like they were unbeatable. It happens. Onto next year. 

Yeah, I don't see how anyone could even think this is close to a bad loss than what we've endured many moons before. I can name 5 games before this one comes to mind. Especially because we had more than enough chances to win in this one. But to the part I have bolded. I feel this "they haven't played in 3 weeks" thing is an excuse. They got an extra week out of normal 10 day Thursday week. The coaches just didn't show up and Lamar was trying to be Peyton Manning instead of Lamar who could have ran all over the defense like he did, yet too late. 

P.S - And Greg Roman Can't forget Greg Roman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Bleh. It was a good, entertaining season. Sucks to end that way but oh well. The team is only going to come back better next year given how little turnover/loss of talent there will be.

This was statistically one of the greatest regular-season teams ever.  It'll take one hell of an effort to be better next year.

Unless you are talking about play-off performances, in which case that shouldn't be too hard :( 

• Like 1