Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

maybe I’ll finally decide to watch YOU ssn2, but after some of the mini-spoilers in this thread, I’m now concerned that I shouldn’t watch it... that it will be terrible plot or something.

Depends on why you watch it.  I know some people love it and thought it was better than season 1

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

What's FE?

I've never heard of 'You' either, but that sucks you got spoiled. Our GDTs have their random moments lol.

“You” is a show on Netflix about some random creeper guy who seems like an innocent book clerk at a library. If you haven’t seen it, Ssn1 is pretty intriguing stuff. I won’t go further as I’m hugely anti-spoiler. 

FE is Fire Emblem. It’s a strategy RPG game, kind of like a combination between playing Chess on easy to intermediate (depending on the level you play the game and depending on which game), reading a novel (has chapters), and playing a RPG (some cool cut scene sequences). Helps to calm my mind. Can be repetitive with stat grinding. Can be fun with strategically positioning units for optimal experience gains. And can be entertaining as I read the character dialogue and interactions with one another and how it grows as the game moves from chapter to chapter, part to part, until the conclusion.

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Depends on why you watch it.  I know some people love it and thought it was better than season 1

I liked it. Wife got me into it originally. Personally thought it was better than season one. But if you really want a great under the radar show, check out Messiah on Netflix. So good! 

• Like 1

I know this isn't really the time and place but I feel the need to yell about Earl Thomas right now. He talked more trash than the rest of the team combined even while being completely mediocre the whole way through.

Dude went and promised a Super Bowl appearance, dude talked a big game about tackling Derrick Henry while getting completely abused by him, dude went and yelled at Brandon Williams about being injured in the same game that he ended up telling the press about how he 'made a business decison' instead of trying to tackle Nick Chubb - dude thinks he's Ed Reed but he's just not even close to that. Ed never would've let some dude get behind him on a goddamn RB jump pass lmao. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I liked it. Wife got me into it originally. Personally thought it was better than season one. But if you really want a great under the radar show, check out Messiah on Netflix. So good! 

Have it in my queue. I still have to finish “The Good Place” which has been surprisingly very good (in season 1 and 3, 2 was a disappointment). I’ve got Sex Education coming out soon to watch, that’s a straight banger. I’ve got to catch You (as mentioned). Then there’s the SyFy options that I’ve been waiting for me to get into that type of mood for. Messiah definitely seems interesting. Though I feel like it might end on a twist... so I might wait until it’s got two seasons. Speaking of that’s just Netflix... I’ve also got to watch the two new HBO shows Watchmen and the one based off the Golden Compass (can’t remember the name)... though I’m thinking I’ll wait for season 2 for both just in case I like them too much. I don’t enjoy getting DBZ’d.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

FE is Fire Emblem. It’s a strategy RPG game, kind of like a combination between playing Chess on easy to intermediate (depending on the level you play the game and depending on which game), reading a novel (has chapters), and playing a RPG (some cool cut scene sequences). Helps to calm my mind. Can be repetitive with stat grinding. Can be fun with strategically positioning units for optimal experience gains. And can be entertaining as I read the character dialogue and interactions with one another and how it grows as the game moves from chapter to chapter, part to part, until the conclusion.

Oh okay, I know Fire Emblem. When I searched "FE" this other weird game popped up. When I do play games, I've started getting into the RPGs where you strategically build relationships more and more. I'm also waiting on the RE3 and FF7 remakes. 2 legendary games that I never played at their debut or- ever.

In terms of shows, if anyone is looking for a sleeper check out 'Banshee'. It's from a couple years back and while the later seasons aren't as good, my god are it's first seasons packed with teh juice. 

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Have it in my queue. I still have to finish “The Good Place” which has been surprisingly very good (in season 1 and 3, 2 was a disappointment). I’ve got Sex Education coming out soon to watch, that’s a straight banger. I’ve got to catch You (as mentioned). Then there’s the SyFy options that I’ve been waiting for me to get into that type of mood for. Messiah definitely seems interesting. Though I feel like it might end on a twist... so I might wait until it’s got two seasons. Speaking of that’s just Netflix... I’ve also got to watch the two new HBO shows Watchmen and the one based off the Golden Compass (can’t remember the name)... though I’m thinking I’ll wait for season 2 for both just in case I like them too much. I don’t enjoy getting DBZ’d.

Watchmen was sooooo good! Like, last two episodes might have literally been some of the best television I have ever seen in my life good! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I know this isn't really the time and place but I feel the need to yell about Earl Thomas right now. He talked more trash than the rest of the team combined even while being completely mediocre the whole way through.

Dude went and promised a Super Bowl appearance, dude talked a big game about tackling Derrick Henry while getting completely abused by him, dude went and yelled at Brandon Williams about being injured in the same game that he ended up telling the press about how he 'made a business decison' instead of trying to tackle Nick Chubb - dude thinks he's Ed Reed but he's just not even close to that. Ed never would've let some dude get behind him on a goddamn RB jump pass lmao. 

I thought he was one of the better defenders in the game, but I agree him making statements like “I don’t think Tannehill will be able to pass on us” is the kind of material you DON’T add to the opposing teams board before the game. You let sleeping dogs lie. Let them come into Baltimore perhaps slightly afraid of the team, you don’t want them pissed off for greatness.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Watchmen was sooooo good! Like, last two episodes might have literally been some of the best television I have ever seen in my life good! 

Exactly why I’m waiting to watch it then, validates my decision. I’m weird. If something is really good I like to end it on my terms. Kind of like when you can throw a book mark in a book... in between chapters... vs being forced to read a book to a chapter or something. I want to watch those two episodes then maybe the first two eps of season two and then say to myself, “that feels like a good spot to stop” lol... DBZ and that Frieza saga where the Goku SSN vs Frieza fight taking like two years to complete gave me some serious control issues with my shows. xD