Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

7 hours ago, drd23 said:

And we never took deep shots, which if you look at the best days for our offense, they're the days we take deep shots down the field. We never did that until it was too late. We beat teams all year long who tried to stack the box by sending Hollywood or Andrews or Hurst or someone deep. Just don't understand how we constantly got into this "We have to either run the ball or throw 5-7 yard passes" thing.

16 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

This season was like Game of Thrones. Took a little while to get started, then was great and super popular. Long break for the final seasons (game) then just crapped the bed and everyone forgot it happened cause it was so bad.

Funny anology. 

I feel a team needs a humbling experience like this. Makes them hungrier the following season. Lamar is 23 and he needs to learn from this. He had great numbers but made some very bad decisions during the game. 

He needs to know that he can rely on other players and he doesn't have to do it all himself. (Drops didn't help at all). 

Greg Roman completely abandoned the game plan when we went down 14. There's no way Lamar should've thrown the ball 59 times. Just insane. Our RBs had 9 combined carries. This one is heavily on coaching. 

35 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

This season was like Game of Thrones. Took a little while to get started, then was great and super popular. Long break for the final seasons (game) then just crapped the bed and everyone forgot it happened cause it was so bad.

Even better when you consider that the reason Season 8 (the playoffs) were so bad was because the creators (our coordinators) wanted to end things and get on with their next jobs (head coaching opportunities)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Funny anology. 

I feel a team needs a humbling experience like this. Makes them hungrier the following season. Lamar is 23 and he needs to learn from this. He had great numbers but made some very bad decisions during the game. 

He needs to know that he can rely on other players and he doesn't have to do it all himself. (Drops didn't help at all). 

Greg Roman completely abandoned the game plan when we went down 14. There's no way Lamar should've thrown the ball 59 times. Just insane. Our RBs had 9 combined carries. This one is heavily on coaching. 

If you think about it, we completely overperformed during the regular season, way above our talent level, and set up super high expectations going into the playoffs. But really we are right on schedule. 

If before the season started, we were asked if Lamar would ascend to an MVP level player but we would lose in the division round, we would take that in a heartbeat. 1st round picks Stanley and Humphrey have ascended to legit All-Pro players. Hollywood is a legit WR.  

Now we need to lock up our core players and build around them. The plan is on schedule.  

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Even better when you consider that the reason Season 8 (the playoffs) were so bad was because the creators (our coordinators) wanted to end things and get on with their next jobs (head coaching opportunities)

Only to step down from from said Job that they rushed the final season for 😂

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

If you think about it, we completely overperformed during the regular season, way above our talent level, and set up super high expectations going into the playoffs. But really we are right on schedule. 

If before the season started, we were asked if Lamar would ascend to an MVP level player but we would lose in the division round, we would take that in a heartbeat. 1st round picks Stanley and Humphrey have ascended to legit All-Pro players. Hollywood is a legit WR.  

Now we need to lock up our core players and build around them. The plan is on schedule.  

Best case scenario. We land someone like AJ Green opposite Hollywood in FA. Still a good receiver and could coach up the young guys. A good ILB drops in the draft and we trade for him. I'd also like to explore guard depth. Edge rusher is a need. There's slated to be some good ones available via FA. 

DeCosta hasn't given me any reason to doubt his tenacity when it comes to getting what he feels our team needs. I'm going to sit back, try and swallow this loss as best as possible and trust the process. In Eric We Trust. 

43 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

That's all well and good, but winning SBs aren't easy, so when you come across as good an opportunity as this was you need to take it.  There's no guarantee that we'll see a similar performance in the future from guys like those you mentioned

The expectations rightly changed as the season progressed, and the team failed to get anywhere near close to meeting them.

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Only to step down from from said Job that they rushed the final season for 😂

Which will happen to Greg Roman if he doesn’t improve the passing game for this team. He’s shown multiple times that he’s a coordinator for like two seasons and then his scheme gets tired. The signs have already begun to display themselves at different points this season.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

That's all well and good, but winning SBs aren't easy, so when you come across as good an opportunity as this was you need to take it.  There's no guarantee that we'll see a similar performance in the future from guys like those you mentioned

The expectations rightly changed as the season progressed, and the team failed to get anywhere near close to meeting them.

Yeah. Which is why I pissed before the game with how distracted our coordinators seemed to be. I know it seemed innocuous because we had a “bye week” but when you play in the wildcard round your coordinators don’t have time to interview as you’re continuing on as scheduled... and I think Harbaugh’s biggest mistake was in that. He felt trapped between seeing his coordinators get deserved shots and keeping this team focused. He should’ve erred on the side of this team. Grant interview requests AFTER the season, if a guy wants to interview... let him interview for other coordinator positions too. None of these free agent to be players are negotiating deals with opposing teams as we speak,  so neither should the coordinators. If you’re really that great of a coaching candidate they will wait for you, there are other ways these teams can do research.

Roman let a division rival punk us in the process... they probably full well knew they weren’t going to hire him but wanted to interview him for additional schematic details as well as district our team from the prize... and other organization and I would say that sounds like a fantasy, but the Browns are a known quantity.

52 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

As much as I hate to admit it. He ain't lieing though.... 

Don’t be fooled. Tony Jefferson would’ve came in with one of those arm tackles against Derrick Henry and would’ve gotten embarrassed with the swiftness.

I think we just overall need more playmakers on this team. We need pass rush and front 7 help, but most of all we just need playmakers and so this should definitely be a big BPA kind of draft.

• Like 2