Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

6 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Blaming this loss on coordinators is fine. Blaming it on them because of job interviews is f'ing stupid.

Said you. They weren’t prepared. These job interviews aren’t just them rolling out of bed and answering some questions. They’re not interviewing to be a Wal-Mart greeter. These guys were likely spending a quality portion of the bye week preparing for these interviews, mock interviews, bringing gameplans of how they might attack team building for that particular team, etc. I’ve had important interviews where I spend a couple days preparing for different questions that could be asked and my plan for improving the position. Saying the job interviews has nothing to do with it would be like me saying, crashing for finals week wasn’t likely to fix my job performance at work and vice-versa. They go hand in hand. It diverts attention, it forces you bring plays top of mind that might better benefit THAT team.

Is there any coincidence that Roman interviews for a position with the Browns where they are a team with a ton of pass catching weapons and the fact that our history setting rushing attack abandoned the run so early and had a much more pass heavy feel to it? I don’t know, perhaps its coincidence entirely, but I don’t think so.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Which will happen to Greg Roman if he doesn’t improve the passing game for this team. He’s shown multiple times that he’s a coordinator for like two seasons and then his scheme gets tired. The signs have already begun to display themselves at different points this season.

He's also yet to prove if he can call a game playing from behind. His calls in games we've been trailing has been suspect to say the absolute least. 

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why? They clearly weren't prepared for this game. So what's the difference between now and during the season? Not hard to figure it out.

Were they interviewing during the first browns and chiefs game? This game was a carbon copy of the Chiefs game.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Don’t be fooled. Tony Jefferson would’ve came in with one of those arm tackles against Derrick Henry and would’ve gotten embarrassed with the swiftness.

I think we just overall need more playmakers on this team. We need pass rush and front 7 help, but most of all we just need playmakers and so this should definitely be a big BPA kind of draft.

Honestly. At this point. If Judons market value is at around 16 million per. I'd rather go get Clowney and pay him the money. He's been more consistently disruptive. 

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No it wasn't. This time around they were clearly distracted by other things and didn't put in the time to make a solid game plan and it showed.

This is just absurd. Chiefs game we go down early and abandon the run. Same thing here.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2

Man our drive chart just tells the story of how badly we shot ourselves in the foot in this one:

7 plays, 44 yards: Drive ends with an INT off of Andrews' hand

6 plays, 20 yards: Gus Edwards stopped on 4th and short 

12 plays, 59 yards: 3rd down drop by Snead leading to a field goal 

14 plays, 91 yards: Still somehow only a FG. Would have to go back and look at how we used our other timeouts but relevant to note that after the big gainer to Hollywood that got us to their goalline we only got to run one more play because we were out of timeouts and lost ~25 seconds spiking it. 

13 plays, 58 yards: Lamar stuffed on one of the worst QB sneaks I've ever seen 

8 plays, 44 yards: Terrible INT by Lamar

Beyond arguably the last Lamar INT, this was all while the game was very much in reach, and it's fully leaving aside the 4th quarter drives where we moved the ball at will but got stopped in the RZ on 4th downs. And it's leaving aside the only 3 and out of the night, which happened because Seth Roberts dropped what would have been a big chunk play on 3rd down. 

Hard to argue we didn't abandon the run and under-utlize Gus in particular in a big way on Saturday, but even that doesn't really tell the whole story, because we did just fine moving the ball through just Lamar for basically the entire game. It just so happened that on more or less every drive, there was some sort of individual error that blew the whole damn thing up. Really feels like if we play this game 10 times, we probably win 7 or 8 times at least, but it just so happened this was one of the nights in the simulation where literally every important moment when the Titans way. That's the beauty of the playoffs I guess, but goddamn if it's not gonna hurt for a while. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2

@BaltimoreTerp If you want something even more depressing, here is the Titan's drive summaries:

5 plays 20 yards - Punt

8 plays 29 yards - Touchdown

1 play 45 yards - Touchdown

5 plays 9 yards - Punt

5 plays 36 yards - Punt

6 plays 81 yards - Touchdown

6 plays 20 yards - Touchdown

4 plays 29 yards - Punt

8 plays 28 yards - Punt

3 plays 5 yards - Punt

Look at those drives they had that weren't even 40 yards of offense. 2 of them resulted in Touchdowns. The Titans literally had ONE good "drive", and that was the long run by Henry - other than that they didn't do a thing on offense. We just couldn't get out of our own way on Special Teams or Offense and the defense just couldn't get a turnover or stop momentum when they really needed to.

We lost on first down way too many times in this game.

Titans didn't make mistakes, and capitalized on ours. They stayed true to their identity and we didn't.

Every game we lost this year had to do with a turnover then allowing a big play TD.

Chiefs: turnover on downs, Chiefs get two TDs drives after including the 83 yard TD.

Browns: Ingram fumble, then trade TDs, then 88 yard Chubb TD

Titans: turnover on downs, 45 yard TD.

We allowed too many big plays in our losses.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

@BaltimoreTerp If you want something even more depressing, here is the Titan's drive summaries:

5 plays 20 yards - Punt

8 plays 29 yards - Touchdown

1 play 45 yards - Touchdown

5 plays 9 yards - Punt

5 plays 36 yards - Punt

6 plays 81 yards - Touchdown

6 plays 20 yards - Touchdown

4 plays 29 yards - Punt

8 plays 28 yards - Punt

3 plays 5 yards - Punt

Look at those drives they had that weren't even 40 yards of offense. 2 of them resulted in Touchdowns. The Titans literally had ONE good "drive", and that was the long run by Henry - other than that they didn't do a thing on offense. We just couldn't get out of our own way on Special Teams or Offense and the defense just couldn't get a turnover or stop momentum when they really needed to.

This makes me so angry. Coaches failed the team so bad. But it isn't surprising as we've been here so many times before that it ain't even funny.

• Like 2