Divisional Round: Baltimore Ravens (14-2) vs Tennessee Titans (10-7)

diamondbull424

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

and Edwards just might be the most underrated RB in the NFL at this juncture.

This is probably 100% accurate. I don't think he's exactly a superstar in the shadows or anything, but in terms of putting recognized value/publicity up against demonstrated talent/success- I'd take him against any slept on HB in the league.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

the degree to which baltimore fans hate this guy suggests y'all have good reason to, but he's genuinely done a very good job for us with the personnel we have, especially in spite of a rash of injuries in the secondary this year. unfortunately our lack of effective pass rushers has really hurt us this year, but we're honestly a pass rusher away from being a very difficult defense to deal with.

Dean Pees never field a bad defense. Her certainly knows how to set up complex schemes and players in general seem happy to play with him as a coach. After he left, several players said they liked him as a coach, because he was open to suggestions in meetings and on gameday.

Deans best defense was the 2013-2014 where Ravens had Kubiak as a head coach. Ravens best year until this year and we could run the ball, had leads and it allowed Dean Pees to play aggressively with his pass rush and conservative with his cornerbacks. Basically we played 7-10 yards off and trusted out pass rush with Dumervil and Suggs to get there in time. This worked most of the time until we were down to our 12-14 cornerback, we literally signed guys who had never played a game to the team for the playoffs, and Dean Pees couldn't be at fault for that and for the loss to the Patriots, where Ravens had two 14 point leads at Gillette.

Now, the reason Ravens fans "hate" Dean Pees, was how his defense crumbled once we lost a key player. Whether it was Brandon Williams or Jimmy Smith, typically one of those two, his defense would go from ok to straight up bad/horrible. He was so reliant on having our 12-13 best players available at all times, and adjustments with player personel like we have seen Wink Martindale do was out of the question.

Another thing that didn't suit Ravens fans, was that we had aggressive coordinators that fit the mentality of the Ravens. Then we had Greg Mattison who was a conservative coach and we had Dean Pees with some zone and bend don't break defense which was horrible to look at as well. Dean Pees lack of aggression cost us a lot of games that we had put ourselves in position to win. Ravens up 1-2-3-4 points with 1.30-2.30 minutes left was often equal to a Ravens loss, as Pees would let a team march down the field playing conservatively and then hope we could contain a team in the redzone - which we often could not do. Especially 2016 and 2017 we lost games against the Steelers and Bengals this way on last drive possessions.

When he left, while Ravens defenders liked him, they also was very adamant about them now being able to play free instead of being very confined to a specific role. Many times we heard that players looked forward to play with more freedom and to play faster and attack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hard to imagine him not playing, but with his injury + the conditions, I can't imagine they're going to waste a roster spot to trot him out there when we don't have to necessarily.

When would Perkins have to be promoted to the roster by? That'll obvi be the telling sign.

22 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And yet, all anyone is talking about is Derrick Henry lol I'm just saying I like how much attention TEN is getting with their run game. It'll make it even sweeter when we run for 200+.

I think it's just because we got done playing and you all had the bye. Before our playoff game they were talking about AJ Brown and Tannehill. 

Also because of the way he played and the production. 
Media is very right now with their takes. 
Henry is arguably our biggest weapon so it's getting the attention. 

I've repeatedly heard jokes saying this might be one of the fastest games in playoff history. lol 
Ya'll are going to run it and we will run it. 

I've said before I don't like how we can hold a team running game in check but let one big one get through. That is where ya'll shine.  If ya'll stay committed to the run, if we happen to make a few stops then eventually you all with get one. 

The big question will be if our offense will be able to put enough points on the board and how. If ya'll sell out to stop Henry will our WRs make a play. They have prior to last week. Can they against ya'll?

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hard to imagine him not playing, but with his injury + the conditions, I can't imagine they're going to waste a roster spot to trot him out there when we don't have to necessarily.

Can't imagine him not playing. Has to be just give him rest so he doesn't aggravate anything. I feel Ingram would go with one leg if had be. Playoff football, ya know. 

We are sitting Adoree Jackson in practice for that reason. 

27 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm seeing 24% chance of precipitation on Saturday at 8pm. Another site has 6%

Yup. Seeing a slight increase in perspiration. They’re calling for POSSIBLE light rain.

It’ll be wet and have a slight drizzle perhaps but that shouldn’t much compromise the grip of the field. Unless things change it’s not expected to be anything near what we saw with the 49ers, Seahawks games.

In fact the wind is expected to be the much bigger issue. It’s supposed to start off at 9 mph and ratchet up to 13 mph by the end of the game. The Bills game had winds of 18 mph.

So it shouldn’t completely disrupt throws but it could result in a few more difficult receptions later in the game.

Thus the most obvious gameplan would be to pass early to open up the run. So hopefully by the time the winds rather up we’re already nursing a comfortable lead and milking the game away with the running game.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Psst, perspiration means sweat.  Precipitation is rain :P

Well the dew point did change as well and thus more moisture will form on objects and the dew point is what typically leads to increased perspiration in people.

So in an off shoot way, I meant both will increase.😎😜

Edited by diamondbull424