Fantasy Land Mock Offseason

Sandman9

4 hours ago, Sandman9 said:

I probably agree with that assessment. Does he have any trade value? 

Honestly, I don't think so.  Coming off an injury-plauged season and you're paying him $16.7M, which isn't chump change.  Maybe from a QB-needy team with playoff aspirations you could get a SRP.  But a pair of FRPs?  I don't think so.

11 hours ago, Lionized said:

I’m just curious, but has the NFL ever handed out punishment for tanking? 

I can't say this with 100% certainty but I don't think so. I don't think teams have actively tanked like they do in the NBA. I'm sure some teams check out a bit more but the probability of injury by playing half assed is much higher. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I can't say this with 100% certainty but I don't think so. I don't think teams have actively tanked like they do in the NBA. I'm sure some teams check out a bit more but the probability of injury by playing half assed is much higher. 

I don't believe it has ever been punished. Goodell made a statement about the Dolphins this year, stating that he sees no evidence of tanking.

It's why tanking is all in building a roster incapable of winning, as players will never not try to win.