Rack's 2020 Mock Draft - Updated 2/4

rackcs

Would rather the Chiefs draft Tyler Biadasz than a running back in round one. Though, I think our center play has actually been pretty good and a good RB would make us unstoppable again like we were with Hunt. Just a personal preference, we have the best player in the league, I wanna load up on offensive line and protect him.

12 hours ago, rackcs said:

I don't really know the Chiefs needs as well as some other teams. By the sound of it, a lot of people want Biadasz on their team so he'll probably be going much earlier in my next mock. What are some other positions you'd prefer?

In the 1st? OL, LB, CB, then RB is probably my order. But it's BPA of those and 11 out of 10 times that'd be Biadasz if he's there. I wouldn't mind taking a couple OL this year, with one being early. With the deep RB class I'd rather wait til the 2nd or 3rd to take one. LB and CB are just if they are BPA.

18 hours ago, animaltested said:

For Seattle, I like the position (edge) but not sure the player (Okwara) fits. Seattle's edges have been capable in holding their edges in the run game (Clemons, Avril, Clark, Clowney). Holding an edge, and factoring against the run seems to be Okwara's biggest weakness.

Fair enough, I don't always know the specifics of every team's schemes so that's good info for going forward. Also I like Okwara a lot and think that he has the potential to develop there.

18 hours ago, Kirill said:

Would rather the Chiefs draft Tyler Biadasz than a running back in round one. Though, I think our center play has actually been pretty good and a good RB would make us unstoppable again like we were with Hunt. Just a personal preference, we have the best player in the league, I wanna load up on offensive line and protect him.

I kept passing over Biadasz because I figured team's wouldn't have considered center as big of a need. Come to find out that Biadasz is in much higher demand than I initially thought. He'll probably be gone before the Chiefs are even up next time.

14 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

In the 1st? OL, LB, CB, then RB is probably my order. But it's BPA of those and 11 out of 10 times that'd be Biadasz if he's there. I wouldn't mind taking a couple OL this year, with one being early. With the deep RB class I'd rather wait til the 2nd or 3rd to take one. LB and CB are just if they are BPA.

If you want a LB in this class you better be taking one early. There's a couple of later round guys I think are decent but after Simmons and Murray there is a huge, huge drop off.

For the first pick for the jags i would pick Lamb over simmons cuz while Simmons is a Playmaker he seems to me best suited as a WLB and that seems to be the best place for Myles Jack to play. 

the only way the jags go corner that early is if they Cut AJ Bouye and didnt replace him in FA with another vet.  tre herndon was a solid starting cb last year. was never beat deep and seemed to hold his own as like a number 2 guy.

i would like to see the jags use that 2nd 1st on either an OL like Becton cuz big guys like him shouldnt move like that(WE should be figuring out who plays RG and our LT is a free agent to be and is coming off a dissapointing year,. 

i could also see us going with an Edge rusher cuz 1) Ngakoue is a Free agent and i think hes pissed at us cuz coughlin cut off negotiations in like june and if he does walk Allen replaces him but then we need a replacement for Allens snaps(he played like 60% of the snaps and campbell could be gone as well so a guy from Penn State would make a lot of sense. 

On 1/7/2020 at 6:51 AM, rackcs said:

6. Los Angeles Chargers - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
The Chargers just miss out on Tagovailoa here but grab Herbert instead. I seriously considered giving them an OL like Wirfs here but at the end of the day QB is the most important position in football. If they like Herbert here they will take him even if it is probably a bit early.

I can understand (and agree) with the bolded statement.  Just, with what I know of the traits both the front office and coaching staff value (personality wise, less-so pure physical traits; they love them some Type A personalities and that most definitely is not Herbert), I'm pretty confident they're not going to like Herbert, for many of the reasons they weren't willing to push in on Josh Rosen (particularly when he could have been had after the Cardinals drafted Kyler).

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

For the first pick for the jags i would pick Lamb over simmons cuz while Simmons is a Playmaker he seems to me best suited as a WLB and that seems to be the best place for Myles Jack to play. 

the only way the jags go corner that early is if they Cut AJ Bouye and didnt replace him in FA with another vet.  tre herndon was a solid starting cb last year. was never beat deep and seemed to hold his own as like a number 2 guy.

i would like to see the jags use that 2nd 1st on either an OL like Becton cuz big guys like him shouldnt move like that(WE should be figuring out who plays RG and our LT is a free agent to be and is coming off a dissapointing year,. 

i could also see us going with an Edge rusher cuz 1) Ngakoue is a Free agent and i think hes pissed at us cuz coughlin cut off negotiations in like june and if he does walk Allen replaces him but then we need a replacement for Allens snaps(he played like 60% of the snaps and campbell could be gone as well so a guy from Penn State would make a lot of sense. 

As far as Ngakoue goes, I've heard they're almost certainly going to tag him. Do you think that'll be the case?

And then as for drafting a CB, I had no clue who Herndon was so that's good to know.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I can understand (and agree) with the bolded statement.  Just, with what I know of the traits both the front office and coaching staff value (personality wise, less-so pure physical traits), I'm pretty confident they're not going to like Herbert, for many of the reasons they weren't willing to push in on Josh Rosen (particularly when he could have been had after the Cardinals drafted Kyler).

Fair points. A lot of people have questions about Herbert personality wise. As we get closer to the draft and we start getting reports about how players come across in meetings it'll be interesting to see which teams are ok with his personality and which aren't.

7 hours ago, rackcs said:

If you want a LB in this class you better be taking one early. There's a couple of later round guys I think are decent but after Simmons and Murray there is a huge, huge drop off.

Agreed. I think Murray is our only shot this year. Hopefully we shore up the position in free agency so we don't need to reach for a draft pick.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:11 PM, rackcs said:

As far as Ngakoue goes, I've heard they're almost certainly going to tag him. Do you think that'll be the case?

And then as for drafting a CB, I had no clue who Herndon was so that's good to know.

if we tag him hes not gonna be happy nor sign the tender which leaves us either the some team can sign him to an offer sheet or we can trade him. 

i would say Herndon is a did a decent job as a 2/3 cb. The best comparison ive heard is AJ bouye which is good and bad cuz AJ bouye worked his way up from a Nickle/dime guy to a starter.  the downside is AJ bouye after a couple of years in jacksonville isnt as dominant as he was during the 1 good year weve had.  

our OL was downright bad this year.....Cam Robinson wasn't "100%", Norwell hasnt played to his contract level, linder was penalty prone, AJ Cann was decent but hes not a good Run blocker, Will Richardson Rotated in at RG and was abysmal at pass pro at rg(tho to be fair to the guy he was basically a rookie this year who was trained over to play G and then we sent him to LT when cam Robinson and Ogbuehi were hurt and then was back to RG which does not help a player develop, and Jawaan Taylor played like well a rookie who had some decent flashes and some oh geez. 

On 1/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, LinderFournette said:

if we tag him hes not gonna be happy nor sign the tender which leaves us either the some team can sign him to an offer sheet or we can trade him. 

i would say Herndon is a did a decent job as a 2/3 cb. The best comparison ive heard is AJ bouye which is good and bad cuz AJ bouye worked his way up from a Nickle/dime guy to a starter.  the downside is AJ bouye after a couple of years in jacksonville isnt as dominant as he was during the 1 good year weve had.  

our OL was downright bad this year.....Cam Robinson wasn't "100%", Norwell hasnt played to his contract level, linder was penalty prone, AJ Cann was decent but hes not a good Run blocker, Will Richardson Rotated in at RG and was abysmal at pass pro at rg(tho to be fair to the guy he was basically a rookie this year who was trained over to play G and then we sent him to LT when cam Robinson and Ogbuehi were hurt and then was back to RG which does not help a player develop, and Jawaan Taylor played like well a rookie who had some decent flashes and some oh geez. 

I have had your guys' OL was pretty rough this year so I'll keep that in mind going into the next mock