Rack's 2020 Mock Draft - Updated 2/4

rackcs

9 hours ago, rackcs said:

8. Arizona Cardinals - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
The Cardinals get one of the best players in the draft all the way down at the 8th pick. The teams picking before just had other needs and Jeudy slips. Who knows if Larry Fitzgerald is coming back next year or not. Either way Jeudy can come in and play well right away next to him or in his place. Despite picking three receivers in the draft last year the Cardinals still could stand to get more weapons for Kyler Murray.

Nice Job on draft.

I disagree with this choice. The draft is loaded with WR. They can take one in 2nd rd. They have 3 WRS as you mentioned however you can't pass on a elite OT. Big need for Cards.

23. New England Patriots - Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
This was a pick I struggled with a bit. I obviously wanted to get them an offensive weapon like a TE or WR but I don't feel that any are necessarily worth this pick. Instead I went to the defense where I gave Belichick an athletic and versatile DL to play with and mold.

Based on your draft I understand the pick, which is a big need for the Pats.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
The 49ers get a steal here as I would've had no problem slotting Biadasz in the mid first round range but lack of need and low perceived positional value pushed him down. Weston Richburg tore his patellar tendon, which is a tough injury to come back from and could probably have been replaced anyways.

This would be my pick for the Patriots. The Pats need to fill three position on the OL next year. Andrews IMO is done. Joe Thuney gone, FA, big money already spent on Mason. Cannon is terrible old and injury prone. 

I would take Tyler Biadasz, my favorite player in the draft. He is a generation player. He's the Quenton Nelson at center. Pats goal line offense stunk, cost us the game against Titans. Pretty sure you can get a yard with Tyler Biadasz, leading the way.  Pats current center was destroyed by the Titans. They didn't have a chance. Note -- Can you see TB runner QB sneak with Tyler ! :D

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You have to go back to 2006 the last time the Packers took a non-premium position in the first round.  Before that, you'd have to go back to 2003.  The Packers have historically always stuck with their core positions (OT, DL, EDGE, and CB) with their premium picks.  While Kenneth Murray certainly fits a need, they'd be breaking about a decade or so worth of history in the process.

Thompson is gone. Rejoice.

Murray would be a good pick. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rackcs said:

29. Kansas City Chiefs - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
The Chiefs have bigger needs than RB but when I think of the damage Etienne could do in this offense, I can't help but mock him here. Etienne is a threat to the break it to the house at any moment.

Man, I'd be so bummed if we pass on Biadasz. As long as we get IOL in the 2nd or 3rd I wouldn't  hate it, but I'd still be bummed out.

11 hours ago, rackcs said:

Fair enough but I'm always wary of these types of arguments. Go back to 2013 and people were adamant that the Steelers wouldn't take a pass rushing LB round 1 because they hadn't since 1991 but lo and behold they took Jarvis Jones. Then Bud Dupree in 2015. Then TJ Watt in 2017. Looking historically back to an old regime I don't think tells us much about this current regime.

And that's certainly possible.  I mean, if you would have told me would have taken Elgton Jenkins with the 44th overall pick, I probably would have told you that you were crazy.  But on the other hand, interior pass rush is at an absolute premium these days.

15 hours ago, Counselor said:

You’ve missed two thursdays!!!! I’m going crazy over here

Patience grasshopper

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Man, I'd be so bummed if we pass on Biadasz. As long as we get IOL in the 2nd or 3rd I wouldn't  hate it, but I'd still be bummed out.

I don't really know the Chiefs needs as well as some other teams. By the sound of it, a lot of people want Biadasz on their team so he'll probably be going much earlier in my next mock. What are some other positions you'd prefer?

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

And that's certainly possible.  I mean, if you would have told me would have taken Elgton Jenkins with the 44th overall pick, I probably would have told you that you were crazy.  But on the other hand, interior pass rush is at an absolute premium these days.

No, I see your point and you're right that teams definitely value certain positions over others. It's more about just that you guys have a new regime now so I think time will tell if they follow the old ways or not.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

By no means do I hate Shenault. I could live with the pick, but I do prefer Higgins at this moment in time.

Yeah, that one kind of comes down to personal preference. I think Shenault's upside is much bigger and he's a better playmaker so that's why I went with him there.