rackcs

Rack's 2020 Mock Draft

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

29. Kansas City Chiefs - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson.

Too early for Etienne. It's a deep class and not a need. TE is more pressing since Kelce is 30 years old. 

I don't see a CB I love here, but Baidasz makes excellent sense. 

J

There aren't any first round caliber TE's imo

16. Atlanta Falcons - A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
This guy is exactly what the Falcons need. Epenesa is better than his numbers indicated this year as he was double and even triple teamed often. He is a powerful edge setter who can also get to the QB. The Falcons lack EDGE talent despite having invested in it in previous drafts so they continue to search for a solution to that issue.

Great pick. Logical reasoning. Epenesa starting at LDE in base and sliding to DT in some nickel sets or playing DE in nickel works too. Makes the DE rotation of Takk, Epenesa, JTM and John Cominsky somewhat solid. Bigger ends outside of Takk who all can play the run well but Epenesa and Takk would be the prime pass rushers unless Cominsky lives up to his athletic potential (Cam Jordan).

13 hours ago, rackcs said:

There aren't any first round caliber TE's imo

And they are ahead of the RB.  My point exactly.

J

26 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

And they are ahead of the RB.  My point exactly.

J

Hard disagree. I've got at least 4 RBs ahead of the TEs in this class.

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Hard disagree. I've got at least 4 RBs ahead of the TEs in this class.

Not for the Chiefs. Go with CB or OL if there are no trades.

J

I think Whitehead has cemented a starting spot at safety. But Justin Evans hasn't been healthy the last two years and Mike Edwards is a midround pick who showed flashes. But that's it.

Delpit would definitely fill a need and could potentially make our early 2019 struggling secondary a strength in 2020.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think Whitehead has cemented a starting spot at safety. But Justin Evans hasn't been healthy the last two years and Mike Edwards is a midround pick who showed flashes. But that's it.

Delpit would definitely fill a need and could potentially make our early 2019 struggling secondary a strength in 2020.

Agreed. You guys have a very, very young secondary that I think flashed a lot of potential in the back half so grabbing another young guy who potentially could be a plug and play type could lock that group up for a couple of years.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:51 AM, rackcs said:

7. Carolina Panthers - Derrick Brown, INT, Auburun
The Panthers luck into good value here. Brown was someone I somewhat considered at the third overall pick. Getting him here is especially nice because it fills one of Carolina's biggest needs on the interior of their DL. When a team gets an intersection of BPA and area of need, that's always great.

QB is their biggest need then O-Line, 

Grand Slam for the Raiders. Would love if the draft fell this way Simmons and Ruggs are exactly what this teams needs.