Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

deltarich87

On 1/10/2020 at 5:46 PM, Shanedorf said:

If you were planning to trade Cam Newton...which comment below is most likely to increase his value ?

A:  We're planning to trade Cam
B:  We're planning to keep Cam

A.

I do not understand why people believe saying we are keeping Cam will help his value. No matter what the Panthers say there will be teams willing to trade for him. If that's the case why say or put any player on trade block. The Panthers are waiting to see how Cam looks after he heals up and then they will make their decision. My guess is they keep him for this year.

On 1/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, Cypher said:

I think Rhule was incredibly evasive. It reminded me a lot of Gettleman discussing Smith, actually. I think the end-game for Newton comes down to his contract. Will he play out the final year? If so, I could see him sticking around. If he wants an extension, I think he's 100% gone.

Agreed, I think that's what it comes down to. If Cam is willing to play out the end of his contract I think the Panthers would be ridiculous to let him go on just 19 mil a year.