Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

deltarich87

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
18 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Wow. Really disappointing as a Giants fan. Honestly Jason Garrett might be the best choice left for us.

There's just no way.

Yeah there is. Garrett would turn the Giants from a consistent <6 win team (~4ish) to a consistent >8 win team. He would bring stability to the locker room. Giants could do far worse over the next few years of their rebuild. 

Whats interesting is yesterday Glazer said McCarthy turned down a second NY interview to take the Cowboys job. Today Rhule is not going to NY. Rivera didnt go back to Gettleman. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah there is. Garrett would turn the Giants from a consistent <6 win team (~4ish) to a consistent >8 win team. He would bring stability to the locker room. Giants could do far worse over the next few years of their rebuild. 

Whats interesting is yesterday Glazer said McCarthy turned down a second interview to take the Cowboys job. Today Rhule is not going to NY. Rivera didnt go back to Gettleman. 

Jason Garrett had a losing record once in 10 years as a HC. We can certainly do much worse. 

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Jason Garrett had a losing record once in 10 years as a HC. We can certainly do much worse. 

Its because of his enormous focus on the basics of football. Blocking and tackling; execution. He just fails when it comes to scheming. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

You guys don't have close to the talent the Cowboys have been working with.

Garrett built the talent on our team...

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Can anyone tell me anything about him?  Honestly don’t know how I’m supposed to feel about this.  I was far more familiar with a McCarthy and McDaniels, obviously, but I’ve heard good things about Rhule

Basically is this a smart hire? 

Almost all college coaches suck in the NFL. Rhules claim to fame is that he has rebuilt broken schools into winners and has done so quickly.