Jump to content
deltarich87

Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You guys don't have close to the talent the Cowboys have been working with.

We would be 2-14 for the next two seasons with Garrett. Honestly, I don't know how terribly I would react if we sign Garrett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You guys don't have close to the talent the Cowboys have been working with.

Exactly, Garrett has had the benefit of a strong drafting team lead by arguably the best scouting director in the NFL Will McClay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Can anyone tell me anything about him?  Honestly don’t know how I’m supposed to feel about this.  I was far more familiar with a McCarthy and McDaniels, obviously, but I’ve heard good things about Rhule

Basically is this a smart hire? 

He’s good for culture building, but I’ve never been blown away by his X and O’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Calvert28 said:

Exactly, Garrett has had the benefit of a strong drafting team lead by arguably the best scouting director in the NFL Will McClay. 

Garrett is one of the reasons we have McClay. Garrett is the one who changed our drafting philosophy. Or do you forget hearing "RKG" about 400 million times as he rebuilt our entire roster?

 

You act like Garrett wasnt the HC overseeing the drafting and developing of virtually everyone on our roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great hire by the Panthers. Better luck next time, Giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

 

Garrett built the talent on our team...

Lies!

I want proof. McClay has been doing the draft profiles for the Cowboys since 09 and has been the biggest voice in the warroom since '11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He looks like a homeless man that they pulled off the streets and threw a headset on him.

Next Bill Belichick confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

 

If Rhule was far and away NYGs top target why do you let him go somewhere else first?

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Lies!

I want proof. McClay has been doing the draft profiles for the Cowboys since 09 and has been the biggest voice in the warroom since '11. 

Why did almost every player we draft fit the "RKG" Mantra that Garrett repeated ad nauseum from the day of his hire? 

Look. I get it. Youve found this niche as a poster. You are going to poop on Jason and Jerry at every opportunity and give them 0 credit for anything. Facts be damned. So I am not really interested in getting into another debate with you where you ignore reality. 

PS: Will McClay himself said that the thing he does best is communicating the type of players JASON GARRETT wanted to the scouts and going out to find those guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Garrett is one of the reasons we have McClay. Garrett is the one who changed our drafting philosophy. Or do you forget hearing "RKG" about 400 million times as he rebuilt our entire roster?

 

You act like Garrett wasnt the HC overseeing the drafting and developing of virtually everyone on our roster.

No no he isn't.

McClay has been here before Garrett and was brought on as director around 2010 after Jerry's notorious 2009 horrendous draft.

If anything, he was a Stephen Jones hire or maybe Wade Phillips. But Garrett's say so came too late to take credit for his rise to power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, to be a Giants fan this past year:

- Your team drafts Jones over Haskins

- You have a terrible record but still lose the Chase Young Sweepstakes

- You fire Shurmer but keep Gettleman

- You miss out on Rivera and Rhule even though it’s clear your FO wanted them badly

Keep your heads up boys!  Better days ahead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×