Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

deltarich87

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Why did almost every player we draft fit the "RKG" Mantra that Garrett repeated ad nauseum from the day of his hire? 

Look. I get it. Youve found this niche as a poster. You are going to poop on Jason and Jerry at every opportunity and give them 0 credit for anything. Facts be damned. So I am not really interested in getting into another debate with you where you ignore reality. 

PS: Will McClay himself said that the thing he does best is communicating the type of players JASON GARRETT wanted to the scouts and going out to find those guys. 

Well we'll certainly find out in the coming years. But if Jason Garrett doesn't have near the success that the Cowboys still do in the draft, I want you to stop defending Garrett as some sort of mastermind where all the players and other coaches are to blame for his lack of success in the post season. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Man, to be a Giants fan this past year:

- Your team drafts Jones over Haskins

- You have a terrible record but still lose the Chase Young Sweepstakes

- You fire Shurmer but keep Gettleman

- You miss out on Rivera and Rhule even though it’s clear your FO wanted them badly

Keep your heads up boys!  Better days ahead!

I'll concede the other points but the bolded I'm ok with. And I was actually big on Haskins. But from what I've seen of both so far Jones has the brighter future.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Man, to be a Giants fan this past year:

- Your team drafts Jones over Haskins

- You have a terrible record but still lose the Chase Young Sweepstakes

- You fire Shurmer but keep Gettleman

- You miss out on Rivera and Rhule even though it’s clear your FO wanted them badly

Keep your heads up boys!  Better days ahead!

You know you're having a bad offseason when a Redskins fan is sh** talking you.

• Like 6

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Where they going to kidnap Rhule? They dont really have any control over where he goes...

You can push for the first interview, especially if given all the reports that he was "their guy", and "far and away their top target", as reports suggest.

Panthers top two guys were McDaniels and Rhule. Didn't sound like they were nearly as all in until the interview.

• Like 1

Just now, Shockey1979 said:

I'll concede the other points but the bolded I'm ok with. And I was actually big on Haskins. But from what I've seen of both so far Jones has the brighter future.

Yeah, I threw that one in there because of the reactions of the Giants fan base at the time. I think Haskins has a brighter future, but it’s definitely arguable. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Contrast that to NYG, whose GM "hired 3-4 computer guys to help the back end of our scouting dep't" when introducing their incorporation of metrics.

Gettleman and he couldn't even be in the same room together lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No no he isn't.

McClay has been here before Garrett and was brought on as director around 2010 after Jerry's notorious 2009 horrendous draft.

If anything, he was a Stephen Jones hire or maybe Wade Phillips. But Garrett's say so came too late to take credit for his rise to power.

McClay has been off and on involved with the Cowboys since the 90's. He wasnt promoted in the draft room until Jason was HC. Ive literally been in a room with the two of them and have heard McClay credit Jason for expanding his role and setting a clear direction for the franchise.

You act like Jasons dad wasnt a scout... 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well we'll certainly find out in the coming years. But if Jason Garrett doesn't have near the success that the Cowboys still do in the draft, I want you to stop defending Garrett as some sort of mastermind where all the players and other coaches are to blame for his lack of success in the post season. 

None of that has happened. You still refuse to read and face facts. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You can push for the first interview, especially if given all the reports that he was "their guy", and "far and away their top target", as reports suggest.

Panthers top two guys were McDaniels and Rhule. Didn't sound like they were nearly as all in until the interview.

Thats a lot of speculation on your part based on some random media tweets. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Contrast that to NYG, whose GM "hired 3-4 computer guys to help the back end of our scouting dep't" when introducing their incorporation of metrics.

Who's willing to bet that Gettleman posted an ad on Indeed looking for "computer guys" and ended up hiring some IT people and then called them "computer guys"

• Like 1