Jump to content
deltarich87

Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a lot of speculation on your part based on some random media tweets. 

I mean if you don't want to believe it fine. Look at what pretty much everyone with sources in the know have said prior to the hire.

I'm not buying the "he was ONE of their top guys, not their only guy," post hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a sneaky good hire I think. Big question will be how well does he do building his staff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Garrett is one of the reasons we have McClay. Garrett is the one who changed our drafting philosophy. Or do you forget hearing "RKG" about 400 million times as he rebuilt our entire roster?

 

You act like Garrett wasnt the HC overseeing the drafting and developing of virtually everyone on our roster.

I don't know how much Garrett was or was not involved with their talent base, but if grinding tape and player development are his strengths, he should move to a director of scouting role not vy for a coaching one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

McClay has been off and on involved with the Cowboys since the 90's. He wasnt promoted in the draft room until Jason was HC. Ive literally been in a room with the two of them and have heard McClay credit Jason for expanding his role and setting a clear direction for the franchise.

You act like Jasons dad wasnt a scout... 

Oh yea, was he "on" with the COwboys from Michigan, Cali, Florida? Sure, sure he was. 

No he came here of his own accord cause this is where his family is. Near mostly the Houston area, he wanted to work in the NFL so when he got offered to come and coach in the AFL he took it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

I don't know how much Garrett was or was not involved with their talent base, but if grinding tape and player development are his strengths, he should move to a director of scouting role not vy for a coaching one.

Most Cowboys fans agree. Almost all of us were hoping he would transition into the front office. He has a lot of strengths, game planning/game day coaching arent them though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

None of that has happened. You still refuse to read and face facts. 

Matts, you did it for the last 6 years ok. Nothing has ever been Garrett's fault with you. The blame from you has always been pointed at the players or other coaches. Rarely any of it has ever landed on Garrett. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Most Cowboys fans agree. Almost all of us were hoping he would transition into the front office. He has a lot of strengths, game planning/game day coaching arent them though. 

I feel like the best thing the Cowboys could do would just be hire like 20 layers of middle management between Jerry Jones and the guy who actually walks the draft pick card up to the commissioner. That way when Jerry loses his mind and tries to do something crazy, they can just be like "oh well Jason Garrett forwarded your e-mail to draft Johnny Manziel on to Jeff Fisher, but you know how Jeff is with e-mails, so it looks like it got lost".

Basically I'm just saying that Jerry should just build a prison of red tape around himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Matts, you did it for the last 6 years ok. Nothing has ever been Garrett's fault with you. The blame from you has always been pointed at the players or other coaches. Rarely any of it has ever landed on Garrett. 

False. I just dont run around screaming "OMG ITS ALL JASONS/JERRY/DAKS FAULT" like a lot of our fanbase. 

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I feel like the best thing the Cowboys could do would just be hire like 20 layers of middle management between Jerry Jones and the guy who actually walks the draft pick card up to the commissioner. That way when Jerry loses his mind and tries to do something crazy, they can just be like "oh well Jason Garrett forwarded your e-mail to draft Johnny Manziel on to Jeff Fisher, but you know how Jeff is with e-mails, so it looks like it got lost".

Basically I'm just saying that Jerry should just build a prison of red tape around himself.

This post is ridiculous. The Cowboys are without question one of the best drafting teams in the NFL the past 10 years. We need to keep drafting exactly how we have been. 

Edited by Matts4313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Far and away the best part of this is that it's a blow to Baylor University.

Panthers rhule Baylor drhules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know anything about Matt Rhule and wont pretend that i do. Giants should reach out to Urban see if you can make it work. I wouldn't even interview Garrett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I feel like the best thing the Cowboys could do would just be hire like 20 layers of middle management between Jerry Jones and the guy who actually walks the draft pick card up to the commissioner. That way when Jerry loses his mind and tries to do something crazy, they can just be like "oh well Jason Garrett forwarded your e-mail to draft Johnny Manziel on to Jeff Fisher, but you know how Jeff is with e-mails, so it looks like it got lost".

Basically I'm just saying that Jerry should just build a prison of red tape around himself.

He could try it but he will probably trade his new red tape for the old faded yellow tape that falls apart and can't really do it's job at a high level anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

False. I just run around screaming "OMG ITS EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT"

Sounds accurate. 

But w/e this is over and done with now. Hopefully MM is more open minded then he was in GB with a year off and ready to take on the ideas of what Moore can bring to our organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he been talked about?

 I don't follow College football, and his name seems to have come out of nowhere, and suddenly everyone was drooling over him.... just weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×