Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

deltarich87

5 minutes ago, kramxel said:
42 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Woah.

That's a crazy contract for a 1st year NFL HC... crazy crazy!

Everyone keeps saying this, but he was making ~$4.2m + bonuses (another ~$1M - if I had to guess) at Baylor. Its a HUGE pay increase, but its not like he wasnt already in the ~$5-6m/yr stratosphere to start with. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Everyone keeps saying this, but he was making ~$4.2m + bonuses (another ~$1M - if I had to guess) at Baylor. Its a HUGE pay increase, but its not like he wasnt already in the ~$5-6m/yr stratosphere to start with. 

I think it's pretty well established that College HC jobs are better paid than NFL ones, especially for newer coaches (in the league).

Honestly I don't know if that's actually true, but that is the perception.

5 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I think it's pretty well established that College HC jobs are better paid than NFL ones, especially for newer coaches (in the league).

Honestly I don't know if that's actually true, but that is the perception.

I agree. Im just saying if you are going to lure a big name NCAA coach, its going to take big $$. I expected that if we hired Riley, he would have been near the highest paid coach in the NFL. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

How much was the Baylor buyout?

$6m.

So a seven year deal that costs at least $66m.

No idea how to feel about this. Hope the staff he assembles is good. Rumors are he will bring his DC from Temple/Baylor along and that he wants Sean Ryan as OC (Lions QB coach, coached Deshaun his rookie season, was with Giants from 07-12 as QB/WR coach).

But now our media team is teasing 'surprise' staff hires. I'd freak if we got First Year Wade Phillips.