Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

deltarich87

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

I mean, congrats and good luck to him, but seriously, what's all the fuss over this guy?  How and why did he become such a hot commodity within basically the last few weeks?

It wasn't just the last few weeks, last year he had interviews and was offered the jets job but didn't take it since they wanted to control his staff.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:49 PM, Nabbs4u said:

So other then Jimmy Johnson  (after his 1st year). Who was the last College Head Coach to have long term success in the NFL with no prior HC, OC, or DC NFL experience?

For Panthers Fans lets hope he's not the next Saban, Erickson, Petrino, Davis, Groh, Kelly (best of these names 🤯)! Track record is not good, just saying!

https://www.nbcsports.com/making-jump-how-did-college-coaches-fare-after-going-nfl

didnt click the link but the fact you didnt mention Jim Harbaugh, with a career winning percentage of almost .700 and went to the NFCCG his first three years, who was hired in 2011 means you forgot someone lol  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

didnt click the link but the fact you didnt mention Jim Harbaugh, with a career winning percentage of almost .700 and went to the NFCCG his first three years, who was hired in 2011 means you forgot someone lol  

Yeah his Two years in Oakland as a QB coach really doesn't count. So in the Past 30 years One HC who won SB's and another who lost one! Anyone else?

5 hours ago, frenchie said:

I mean, congrats and good luck to him, but seriously, what's all the fuss over this guy?  How and why did he become such a hot commodity within basically the last few weeks?

he been a hot commodity for a while now.  not just over the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The next big, hyped up HC bust.

I get Chip Kelly vibes only this guy sounds like a preacher and annoys the crap out of me.

Seems nice but self centered.

I don't think he is going to bust as a head coach, and I definitely don't get Chip Kelly vibes from him, but I definitely do get preacher vibes from him. His cadence in public speaking is very similar to a megachurch pastor. Doesn't mean anything, just kind of funny.

34 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

This guy gives me a vibe of being the dude drinking Michelob ultra lights and screaming at the Tv in buffalo wild wings. Good luck getting 90+ professional athletes and coaches to respect you lol. 

He'd do alright at the church service though.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, Nabbs4u said:

So other then Jimmy Johnson  (after his 1st year). Who was the last College Head Coach to have long term success in the NFL with no prior HC, OC, or DC NFL experience?

For Panthers Fans lets hope he's not the next Saban, Erickson, Petrino, Davis, Groh, Kelly (best of these names 🤯)! Track record is not good, just saying!

https://www.nbcsports.com/making-jump-how-did-college-coaches-fare-after-going-nfl

WHAT! Chip Kelly, the fat, fun-loving, free-thinking innovator whose uptempo college offense, snap-decision shedding of players not fitting his system, and personalized smoothies (his own was the Man vs. Food Chocolate Milkshake of Death) bid fair to revolutionize the stodgy NFL??? I suggest you reconsider!

Image result for Chip Kelly

"Kelly’s 28-35 record in four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers means he will be remembered as a failed NFL coach. He takes his place alongside Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban and others among the highly successful college coaches who could not make it work on Sundays."

......Whoops! Sorry, @Nabbs4u- guess you were right!
Edited by bzane

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don't think he is going to bust as a head coach, and I definitely don't get Chip Kelly vibes from him, but I definitely do get preacher vibes from him. His cadence in public speaking is very similar to a megachurch pastor. Doesn't mean anything, just kind of funny.

The Chip Kelly thing is mostly because:

a) both come from a green color scheme in college

b) both were sort of hot commodities rather suddenly

c) both chubby

d) both wanted to/assembled staffs with "mixed" coaches who were pulled from college with limited NFL experience or ties

13 hours ago, frenchie said:

I'm wondering the same thing myself. A 70M dollar contract? WTF?

35 minutes ago, bzane said:

WHAT! Chip Kelly, the fat, fun-loving, free-thinking innovator whose uptempo college offense, snap-decision shedding of players not fitting his system, and personalized smoothies (his own was the Man vs. Food Chocolate Milkshake of Death) bid fair to revolutionize the stodgy NFL??? I suggest you reconsider!

Image result for Chip Kelly

"Kelly’s 28-35 record in four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers means he will be remembered as a failed NFL coach. He takes his place alongside Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban and others among the highly successful college coaches who could not make it work on Sundays."

......Whoops! Sorry, @Nabbs4u- guess you were right!

Sorry buddy you missed the key part where I said best of these names!!! Besides you added his 2nd stint as a failed HC which destroyed his 20-12 record with the Eagles and a NFCE Title his first two seasons (26-21 overall). Which was lightyears better then the Saban's, Petrino's,  Erickson's, Davis's , Groh's and other Flavors of the month that pop out of College every other year as the Next Best.........!!!

But thanks @bzane for seeing the name Chip Kelly, instantly  overreacting to make my point even better for me rather then comprehending what was be written! Never once said he was a success! I'd enlarge this print to emphasize my point too but you did a good enough job of making an *** out of yourself already. 🍺👍

So past 30 years we have

Jimmy Johnson 

Jim Harbaugh

And counting.......Go!

Edited by Nabbs4u