Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

deltarich87

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Almost all college coaches suck in the NFL. Rhules claim to fame is that he has rebuilt broken schools into winners and has done so quickly. 

He's an outstanding culture guy.  The problem was that no one outside of Philadelphia really knew about him until he left Temple.  If, and it's a big if, he can snag some experienced coordinators that allow him to be the "Head Coach" and not try to call one of the sides of the ball him, I think he sticks.  He has Coughlin in his Rolodex, which means he has someone who can reach out on his behalf or make introductions for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zithers2 said:

Okay. I don't know what this has to do with Tepper being able and willing to outspend the Mara's.

Well, the only thing it truly means is that being willing to outspend doesn't necessarily make him a good businessman or a prudent owner.  And I certainly don't trust a hedge fund manager (or former Goldman Sachs guy) to run businesses with any sort of practicality.  We'll see what happens long-term.  You can't treat a sports team like a hedge fund.  He may turn out great, but I'd still be cautious about it.

And if Rhule turns out great, all the better, but we've seen owners throw around money (i.e. Daniel Snyder) and not have success.  But, at least in Snyder's case, he's in a market that can generate enough revenue to overcome that spending.  Charlotte can not.       

Edited by swede700