Patriots ST Joe Judge named Head Coach

Acgott

19 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

didnt even see this until now. I like the thought process here

I like the concept of an experienced HC being a coordinator. I do not like the concept of JG’s offense. 

Edit: Jay Gruden is available for OC.  Still think we gotta bring Callahan for OL Coach. Hunter sucks. 

Edited by Kodaraw

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'll say this, if Rhule's decision to leave college and head to a NFL organization was soley based on who would pay him the most money, you guys made the right decision passing on him.  

The game is to be sold not told. If you’re good at what you do, it goes to the highest bidder with no discounts. That’s confidence in himself and his system. Nothing wrong with that. 

This is a surprising move. Someone brought up Harbaugh. That’s a great example of someone who broke in as a ST guy. I remember Reid giving him the DBs job so he’d get more notice around the league as ST guys weren’t getting HC looks, and then he was gone the next year. One thing I’ll say for the hire is that he’s a complete unknown so maybe he’ll light the league on fire. He’s got some weapons to use. Very curious to see how he’ll do. 

I’m intrigued by the hire. Expected the Giants to go with a safer pick with a track record. A 38 year old is certainly not that. But he was a Belicheck disciple. If he could bring some of what they’re doing in NE to NY, I’m on board 

• Like 1

I was all in on Rhule,  but if he was going to the highest bidder guess I can't blame the Giants too much for passing on him. Though this hire I am unsure of, I don't believe there been many from the Patriots coaching tree that have had success and we are just getting the Special Teams coach on top of that?