Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Garrett wasnt "absolutely awful" either. 

Words have meaning. I dont understand why sports fans insist on being so overly dramatic they forget definitions. 

And the meaning of BoB is "awful".

Context is important in grading BoB. If you strictly scout him on W/L and division titles, you'd be led to believe that he's a good HC - it would also lack content of his horrible in-game management, playcalling, clock management, personnel management, ability to adjust to what other teams are trying to do, etc. He gets wins because he beats teams lesser than the Texans, or because Deshaun Watson does something that no ordinary human being can do.

The Texans win in spite of BoB, not because of BoB.

• Like 3

Ahhhh, I don't know....... I was sort of hoping the Jints would hire Andre Bolduc, third assistant running back coach of the Montreal Alouettes, eh?

Comes cheap, and speaks French!

Image result for andre bolduc alouettes

Great video of Andre Bolduc discussing his ideas about how you play ze futeboll!

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2018/05/09/andre-bolduc-discusses-training-camp-prep/

Edited by bzane

6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

When will teams learn? His only real experience at Alabama and in New England. This is a recipe for disaster. 

I’ve always kind of liked the Giants, they’re only east coast team in any sport that I like, and I thought they were a well-run organization. Can a Giants fan or someone who closely follows the inner workings of that organization answer a question for me - does Gettleman have free reign to hire his choice no matter what or do Mara and Tisch have significant influence? 

Oh well, maybe this will work out and I’ll be proven wrong. I just assumed the Giants, a marquee franchise in the media capital of the world, could and would make a splashier hire. 

Surely the onus should be on a good hire not a "splashy hire". How often do some of the retreads work out?

Theres a boatload of work to do with the Giants roster, maybe building things up over 2-3 years with a headcoach with a vision is what they want?

I think the main surprising thing is that Gettleman is gone if this hire doesn't work out so you would have expected him to hitch himself to someone with more experience.

9 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

When will teams learn? His only real experience at Alabama and in New England. This is a recipe for disaster. 

To me, the far more relevant criticism than where he worked was that he has zero management experience. At least a coordinator would have some experience with guys reporting to him.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And the meaning of BoB is "awful".

Context is important in grading BoB. If you strictly scout him on W/L and division titles, you'd be led to believe that he's a good HC - it would also lack content of his horrible in-game management, playcalling, clock management, personnel management, ability to adjust to what other teams are trying to do, etc. He gets wins because he beats teams lesser than the Texans, or because Deshaun Watson does something that no ordinary human being can do.

The Texans win in spite of BoB, not because of BoB.

How long has Watson been the starter for a full season for the Texans?

How long has BoB been a coach?

What has BoB done thost other (~4?) years without Watson?

Look, I am not saying he is a "good" coach. Im saying he isnt "awful". Not everything is black and white. Again, words have meaning. He could just be a "mediocre" coach. That possibility exist. 

21 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Guess I have to take this back, the numbers on that contract are ridiculous, and even if they liked him, I could see why the Giants would turn away from that 70M/7year offer.

I don't think money played a factor (Mara is a lot of things, but he isn't cheap), but that contract is on top of the $10 million+ buyout from Baylor as well. It is a ton of money.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If my dog got named to be the captain of the next space shuttle, it might go well or it might not, but you don't need to know that in advance to know that NASA passed over some more qualified, known quantity candidates.

il_570xN.1698795642_2pti.jpg

• Like 4