Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Based on what, though?

Every year on this forum, people call the relatively unknown hires out as failures, and always get behind the big-time, well-known coordinator hires.

You would think by now people would have learned that a big name a good coach does not make.

People shouldn't start dunking on candidates until they at least see what the staff looks like.  Now if the Giants hire Jason Garrett as the OC, yikes...

26 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

This may be the hottest take in this thread. Couldn’t really be further from the truth either.

I stand by it.

Outside of Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Sherman and maybe Fred Warner, the talent level on that defense this year wasn't really all that high, and they played through a lot of injuries. Dee Ford was only there sporatically, Jimmie Ward and Tartt are injured. When they were fully healthy they were dominant, though.

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I stand by it.

Outside of Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Sherman and maybe Fred Warner, the talent level on that defense this year wasn't really all that high, and they played through a lot of injuries. Dee Ford was only there sporatically, Jimmie Ward and Tartt are injured. When they were fully healthy they were dominant, though.

Ward was only hurt to start the year but hasn't missed a game since. Tartt has been a huge loss the past month on the secondary. I think each group dline, linebackers and secondary has at least one to two great to elite players. Big issue has been injury. Dline lost a ton of depth. 

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I stand by it.

So the players deemed as “good” from you grows to 4 maybe 5 as opposed to the initial 2 that were stated (almost half of a starting defense haha). Ward broke his hand early but since has been playing great ball. DJ Jones and Kwon Alexander before the injuries were playing great. Both Moseley and Witherspoon have flashed and have had good stretches of play in consecutive games. 

As soon as the injuries started to mount and pile up however you saw the decline of effectiveness or production if you will from our defense. Some of it had to do with the better offenses we were playing later in the season as well but the injuries to our “ok” starters as you put it definitely showed. Saleh had little answer as how to plan for these better offenses, scheme a game plan to stop them and rebound from the injuries to our starters and how those back ups may be covered up in a sense. Which was the whole premise of this post by you, that Saleh did a hell of a job with little talent on defense. That could be said about the years prior, at least the lack of talent portion of your statement, but Saleh did not fair very well then. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

My main beef with this is, why rush into Joe Judge when there are also some very qualified candidates like Bienemy and Stefanski that will be available once their teams are eliminated. I get you want your guy and you want him now, but this strikes me as rushing into a bad deal for the sake of having a deal.

6 minutes ago, Hukos said:

My main beef with this is, why rush into Joe Judge when there are also some very qualified candidates like Bienemy and Stefanski that will be available once their teams are eliminated. I get you want your guy and you want him now, but this strikes me as rushing into a bad deal for the sake of having a deal.

I agree I guess everyone hiring there coach they wanted to rush and get there's to help build the coaching staff would be my guess. That's why the browns are wanting to get there coach hired by Saturday. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree I guess everyone hiring there coach they wanted to rush and get there's to help build the coaching staff would be my guess. That's why the browns are wanting to get there coach hired by Saturday. 

I mean, your 49ers waited to take Kyle from us, and look how that turned out. I understand that coaching staffs need to be built very quickly and there isn't really an "offseason" break for coaches in the NFL, but sometimes you need to be patient in your coaching search.

Like, I wanted my Falcons to fire Quinn and hire Stefanski since his offense isn't that far removed from the Kyle offense that worked so well. Then it came out that Quinn would be coming back and I groaned, but if teams keep rushing headfirst into finding their coaches, maybe there will be a chance that we can snag Stefanski in 2021.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Outside of Barkley... where? 

Evan Ingram, if Shepherd can stay healthy, tate, slayton, Kaden Smith has potential as #2 TE. Not including there oline is going to continue to improve. Daniel Jones should continue to improve and hopefully drops down his fumbles. There is far worst teams. 

• Like 3