Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Judge never presided over a bad ST. We're always top 10ish under him, save for a few lean spells mid-season here and there.

Dunno if that translates into HC material, but, suggests he's a good professional with high standards.

Our last two HCs were offensive coordinators. They were good in that role, but weren’t good at leading a team. Tom Coughlin, on the other hand, was a leader. I honestly couldn’t even tell you what side of the ball he specialized in before he was a HC. 

Obviously Judge wasn’t brought in for his special teams prowess, but rather his ability to lead. And I think that’s a welcome change in NY. As long as he fills up his staff with good coordinators and position coaches. 

First word of his staff has gotten out, and his first move is a good one- he is keeping on Thomas McGuaghey as ST Coordinator. Love this move for 2 reasons. 1, McGuaghey is an excellent ST coach. He came in 2 years ago and took the worst ST unit in the league into the 3rd best in one year. They regressed a bit last year, but that was mostly due to Rosas's kicking troubles. 2, It shows he isn't going to just bring in guys he knows, but the best guys for the job. I'll walk this point back if he goes and hires Bret Bielema as DC, but so far so good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

He was great in the press conference, exactly what Giants fans wanted to hear. We're ready to run through a wall for him 

Same. It's nice to see I wasn't the only one who came away feeling that way.

Someone at the press conference said "former players here are having flashbacks" after he finished talking.