Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

4 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I just saw this quote..I like Danny Dimes and I want to see Giants do well but now I am not that hopeful tbh. How can he look around what's happened in the league in the last few years and still come up with this conclusion? 

Judge gave a much better answer on this topic in his presser. Gettleman needs to stay away from the media, because every time he goes in front a camera he comes off as an idiot, which is why some people take him as an idiot.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yes please.  As a Bengal fan who watched Baker taunt Hue Jackson along the sideline and wondered why out defense let it slide, I'd love to watch the game when Baker goes to the Big Apple next year.  If he barked at Kitchens, I could see Kitchens killing him right there. Definitely hope we don't have a home game at the same time they play

I know I'm just a random cyber-person, but for what it's worth, I think this could end up being the best hire of the cycle.

The three ST Coordinators in the league that have my most respect are Judge, Dave Toub, and Bones. 

Judge completely won me over with his press conference. Love his attitude and personality.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think the Redskins made out just as well if not better than the Giants with their hires so far

The Cowboys I'd put in third place, the Panthers default fourth, and the Browns? well

Honestly I think the Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants all did very well. The problem with saying that is all 3 got hired in the same division as Pederson and the Eagles, someone will probably have to go after a few years, if you like playing the odds 

3 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Honestly I think the Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants all did very well. The problem with saying that is all 3 got hired in the same division as Pederson and the Eagles, someone will probably have to go after a few years, if you like playing the odds 

id bet its mccarthy and surprisingly maybe pederson is up next after another year or two of declining results. cant trust snyder forever but i think rivera has a relatively long leash to start

9 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

id bet its mccarthy and surprisingly maybe pederson is up next after another year or two of declining results. cant trust snyder forever but i think rivera has a relatively long leash to start

I could see Pederson if he struggles for another 2-3 years, but him bringing a Super Bowl to Philly buys extra time, probably as it should. Jerry Jones might be willing to give McCarthy more time than he deserves (assuming he struggles some) 

My bet would be RR (no offense Redskins fans) just an unbiased opinion due to how the Redskins have been run under Snyder. That being said the Giants haven’t been good in awhile either so Judge would be my #2 choice 

I like all 4 coaches for what it’s worth 

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep

On 1/7/2020 at 8:32 PM, minutemancl said:

Since it has been 12 years almost to the day since a ST coordinator got hired as a HC, I went and dug up the old FF thread from when John Harbaugh was hired.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=190456

Nothing groundbreaking, sadly. We were having the same conversations then that we are now.

🤔

Looks like Browns fans were the only ones celebrating the idiocy of the Ravens FO to hire Harbaugh.

Not as noteworthy as some of the Lamar threads, but interesting nonetheless.

21 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Freddie as a position coach and even offensive coordinator would probably be a good fit. He was our RB coach and the guy who pushed for Nick Chubb to get more carries as a rookie, and had some major success as an OC in 2018 in the second half+ of the season. He was just out of his element as an HC. I think if he is the RB Coach or even has say in the offensive direction as a whole, he will do a solid job.

PLENTY of good coordinators fail as head coaches in the NFL.