Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

1 minute ago, seriously27 said:

BB seems like he would tell them all how to do it, but really he was telling them all the wrong things so when they left his team to become head coaches he would still beat their teams. 

For any further questions please contact Romeo Crennel, Al Groh, Josh McDaniels, Eric Mangini, Jim Schwartz, Bill O'Brien, or Charlie Weiss.

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You don't need to know how it's going to know to think it's funny that when a team takes a complete shot in the dark when they're hiring for one of the most 32 coveted, well-payed positions in all of football.

If my dog got named to be the captain of the next spaceshuttle, it might go well or it might not, but you don't need to know that in advance to know that NASA passed over some more qualified, known quantity candidates.

Look here Rams, you need to give Captain Snuggles a chance before you write him off as a failure, okay?! He comes from a well-known tree of dogs with a lot of success playing fetch, so obviously that translates to leading a NASA mission to Mars. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Who?

These hires are weird...

Too bad for the clapper.

Guess there was no hot OC/DC candidate that wowed teams in these interviews. 

I think ST coordinators should get more looks, but i figured if any did, it would be Dave Toub.

Only the Browns left, right? Guess they go Stefanski or McDaniels?

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Based on what, though?

Every year on this forum, people call the relatively unknown hires out as failures, and always get behind the big-time, well-known coordinator hires.

You would think by now people would have learned that a big name a good coach does not make.

Dude probably should have been fired, but then the Getts goes and gives him the keys to his car. This makes the Freddie Kitchens hiring seem like a safe sure-fire one.

Man, this has shades of Kitchens all over again. No idea about Judge as a person but a WR coach to HC is a massive leap. He'll need the McVay treatment of having experienced coordinators (like Gruden, Wade) to help him along. I mean he could be the next McVay but he got hired because he blew the Rams away in the interview, not as a fallback option. I'm not going to write him off but I don't like the chances of this working out.

Just now, Danger said:

Dude probably should have been fired, but then the Getts goes and gives him the keys to his car. This makes the Freddie Kitchens hiring seem like a safe sure-fire one.

Fired for what? The NE special teams have been good for a while. He's been a special teams guy for over 10 years. He just took over coaching receivers 8 months ago. 

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

👍👍👍

With so many failed Belicheck disciples, this one is bound to be the chosen one.

Coaching searches are crapshoots just like the draft. Guys that were thought to be prodigies were failures (Gase, McDaniels) and less inspiring hires (Reich, Pederson, Harbaugh) have been great. I’m excited to see some Patriots culture brought to the Giants. Whether it works or not is a crapshoot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You don't need to know how it's going to know to think it's funny that when a team takes a complete shot in the dark when they're hiring for one of the most 32 coveted, well-payed positions in all of football.

If my dog got named to be the captain of the next spaceshuttle, it might go well or it might not, but you don't need to know that in advance to know that NASA passed over some more qualified, known quantity candidates.

As long as you're willing to look like a dunce later if it all works out, laugh away.

Just now, Danger said:

I admittedly don't know much about the guy.

But we have this hire literally being compared to a dog being employed by NASA in this thread, lol.

Would have loved to have seen this forum's reaction to the Patriots hiring failed former Browns coach Bill Belichick way back when.

Or my Ravens hiring an unknown special teams coach from Philadelphia.

• Like 5