Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Or the Giants must be cheap

Or, ya know, paying a HC that much with that long of contract could go sideways in a hurry. Especially given the fact the track record with college coaches isn't particularly great.

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

With so many failed Belicheck disciples, this one is bound to be the chosen one.

Patricia has bombed, but Vrabel currently has the titans still playing in the playoffs and Brian Flores somehow managed to get 5 wins out of a varsity high school team playing in the NFL. There have been successful ones.Ā 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Man, this has shades of Kitchens all over again. No idea about Judge as a person but a WR coach to HC is a massive leap. He'll need the McVay treatment of having experienced coordinators (like Gruden, Wade) to help him along. I mean he could be the next McVay but he got hired because he blew the Rams away in the interview, not as a fallback option. I'm not going to write him off but I don't like the chances of this working out.

This isn't a Kitchens/Mcadoo situation at all. Judge has been the ST coordinator for a while in NE. Obviously ignore the results, but this is much more like the John Harbaugh hiring. I always thought Dave Toub would be the next ST coordinator to get a head coaching job though. Hell, even the Giants own ST coordinator McGaughey I thought had a better chance at getting a HC job.Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Man, this has shades of Kitchens all over again. No idea about Judge as a person but a WR coach to HC is a massive leap. He'll need the McVay treatment of having experienced coordinators (like Gruden, Wade) to help him along. I mean he could be the next McVay but he got hired because he blew the Rams away in the interview, not as a fallback option. I'm not going to write him off but I don't like the chances of this working out.

He was the ST coordinator for a while. Other coaches that made the jump from ST coach to head coach include John Harbaugh and Marv Levy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Or, ya know, paying a HC that much with that long of contract could go sideways in a hurry. Especially given the fact the track record with college coaches isn't particularly great.

Yeah, it could.Ā  A little suspicious though that no established candidates were willing to sign there.Ā  This guy wasn't the Giants first choice, no matter how much they'll try to spin it otherwise.

Just now, ACO said:

Would he take this?

I think he probably would if he was really interested. He probably wants another crack at coaching at some point and the easiest way to do that is to probably go that route.Ā 

If it keeps the Giants away from the 49er guys, I'm all for it.Ā 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, it could.Ā  A little suspicious though that no established candidates were willing to sign there.Ā  This guy wasn't the Giants first choice, no matter how much they'll try to spin it otherwise.

Why do we think no established candidates would sign there though?

They've interviewed/scheduled with guys who were established. They obviously liked Judge.