Your #1 FA Target

WindyCity

24 minutes ago, RTD said:

I believe Daniels is a better OG because of Whitehair calling the OLine calls and being a stable force beside him. I leave Daniels and Whitehair alone and buy the RG. Brandon Scherff if available. 

I agree. Unless we want to spend big filling other holes, it seems like guards are, for the most part, plug and play out of the draft.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I think I read that after being moved to RG, Daniels was ranked as the 6th OG in football per PFF.

That mabey generous but he is a remarkably better OG than a C at this point of his career. So at this time GO8 you favor going TE in R2 of the draft , do you double up with another Olineman or CB with the other R2 pick? 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

I haven't thought much about moving Whitehair from C to RG... but it certainly is an option I suppose... which is good! Opens up the draft and FA for us.

C is a much cheaper position in both FA $ and draft cost than OG. I don't like Whitehairs snaps and we can get a quality C in the draft to start day one.  

I still think Trent Williams or Riley Reiff essentially shake free. Maybe both. That'd be my first go-to.

Hooper would be next on my list.

Long is gone, and essentially off the books. Pace trades Floyd, he could double dip with OT and TE (might have to cut Leno, but still). 

1 hour ago, RTD said:

That mabey generous but he is a remarkably better OG than a C at this point of his career. So at this time GO8 you favor going TE in R2 of the draft , do you double up with another Olineman or CB with the other R2 pick? 

Meant to say LG in my quoted post, d'oh! 

It depends on what we do with Amukamara (I'm of the opinion we should cut him).

If he's gone and we go TE, I'd want BPA with a focus on OG/OT/CB/Edge. 

4 hours ago, G08 said:

It depends on what we do with Amukamara (I'm of the opinion we should cut him).

What would you do if he was willing to restructure/extend his deal to be more cap friendly?

I'd be fine with him extending to make it a 2 year, $13 mil deal with the first year at $6mil and fully guaranteed. He has to know no one is going to give him the $9 mil he is set to make in FA, and this ups his guarantees if his body fails him for any reason and he could be cut. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

What would you do if he was willing to restructure/extend his deal to be more cap friendly?

I'd be fine with him extending to make it a 2 year, $13 mil deal with the first year at $6mil and fully guaranteed. He has to know no one is going to give him the $9 mil he is set to make in FA, and this ups his guarantees if his body fails him for any reason and he could be cut. 

I think he's getting older and losing some of his top-end speed. I'd rather cut ties and get younger. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

What is the plan at TE if they do not sign a starting one in FA?

Draft one in the 2nd round and hope he is not Shaheen and can contribute.

TE is the position that Pace Glennon's this offseason. However, with our finances, I'm anticipating one of Vance McDonald, MyCole Pruitt, Seth DeValve, or Charles Clay, in addition to a high draft selection.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:46 PM, dll2000 said:

OT Jack Conklin - assuming he is healthy would be my #1 target.  

But I predict that will not happen.

A big FA TE is exciting, but it seems you never get a return on that value.  Teams don't typically let the great ones out the door.  Hooper is good football player, but is not special and paying FA price for him will probably hurt in long run.    Henry is special, but injury prone.  That would be a gamble that could pay off big time, or give you little in return.  

I'd like to see Bears find a stud athlete banging FB to integrate into offense to be honest.  Not sure that will happen either.

Jack Conklin is my number 1 target as well. I saw the Titans game and he opened some gaping holes on rushes to the right side often getting to the 2nd level. He only allowed 1 pressure in 16 pass attempts. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Jack Conklin is my number 1 target as well. I saw the Titans game and he opened some gaping holes on rushes to the right side often getting to the 2nd level. He only allowed 1 pressure in 16 pass attempts. 

Bobbie Massie has 12.1 million in dead money on his deal.