Saints fielding calls for SS Vaccaro

saintsfan

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Of course the saints want to trade one of their actually good defenders...

Based on our depth and the fact that he's on a contract year, I wouldn't hate the trade. With that said, I'd love if it brought in a starting CB or pass rush help. OL depth could help too, but I wouldn't want to trade him strictly for picks right now

52 minutes ago, MemphisEagles said:

How many safeties do the Saints have? They cant use Vacarro in like a Deone Buchanon/Mark Barron role?

Vonn Bell is better in this role. He's undersized but he's a physical tackler and his instincts seem to improve near the LOS. 

I wouldnt mind the Steelers making a move, but I feel like he is just more of the same....a hard hitting enforcer with limited coverage skills.   Am I wrong?   Didnt like him much coming out but I havent paid much attention to him the last few years.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldnt mind the Steelers making a move, but I feel like he is just more of the same....a hard hitting enforcer with limited coverage skills.   Am I wrong?   Didnt like him much coming out but I havent paid much attention to him the last few years.

His coverage skills was one of the things he did well in college as I remembers. In the NFL, he has taken poor angles and missed more tackles than he should. If the 1. round label wasn't attached to him, I don't think people would pay that much attention.

Archived