Saints fielding calls for SS Vaccaro

saintsfan

Seriously, I wouldn't trust our coaching staff with even JJ Watt.  Vaccaro will probably wind up just like Malcolm Jenkins.

Also, this makes me think Cameron Jordan is seriously underrated.  He's one of the very few Saint defenders that somehow manages to always look like he belongs on the field.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The Saints have been trading away alot of their younger talented players. Brandin Cooks, Jimmy Graham, Kenny Stills, and now Vaccaro. Crazy

Brandin Cooks was replaceable (Michael Thomas, Willie snead are fine replacements and cheaper) Jimmy Graham was 29 when they traded him? Expensive and again replaceable. 

Kenny Stills again replaceable, they trade all of their good offensive players for picks which they waste on crappy players for the most part. We'll see how the Cooks trade works out, But given the saints history so far....Rip Lattimore.

55 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Brandin Cooks was replaceable (Michael Thomas, Willie snead are fine replacements and cheaper) Jimmy Graham was 29 when they traded him? Expensive and again replaceable. 

Kenny Stills again replaceable, they trade all of their good offensive players for picks which they waste on crappy players for the most part. We'll see how the Cooks trade works out, But given the saints history so far....Rip Lattimore.

Our offensive trades haven't been a problem.  We keep high level production out of our offense no matter who is out there it seems.  What we do with the draft picks is another story entirely though.

This year might be different though, our oline is decimated and we're thin at receiver with Snead suspended.  Ginn and Fleener are gonna have to not drop passes, and that might be asking too much.  Plus Brees isn't getting any younger, we need to stop making him throw 700 times a year.  but then, in order to do that, we're gonna have to block someone when we call running plays, which is near impossible, and we're gonna have to not give up 40 points a game, which again, not possible.

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

or picks which they waste on crappy players for the most part. We'll see how the Cooks trade works out, But given the saints history so far....Rip Lattimore.

Ryan Ramczyk was who we got with the Cooks pick.

17 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I am an idiot. Does Ramcyzk look good so far?

So far so good. He's a rookie that's been a little unavailable due to injury so the jury is very much still out, but he's looking more like a good pick than a bust.

giving up 1 sack against a mean Minny defense isn't the worst showing he could've had. Looks like he'll be a good replacement for Stief at RT

16 hours ago, Danand said:

His coverage skills was one of the things he did well in college as I remembers. In the NFL, he has taken poor angles and missed more tackles than he should. If the 1. round label wasn't attached to him, I don't think people would pay that much attention.

He thrived off the Earl Thomas hype... people and the saints projected him higher than he should have gone. Being one of the only individuals at the time who was as high on Earl as the Seahawks were (on a different board) watching his 22 pass deflections amongst his other accomplishments. Yes it was 22 I watched them all. I could understand the excitement on Vaccaro filling that role but he never struck me as an elite talent.

Archived