Saints fielding calls for SS Vaccaro

saintsfan

Looked great against the Panthers, and honestly played pretty well on Gronk from what I saw. Was always in good position but Gronk just uses his body so well to shield out defenders.

This would be another big mistake by the Saints if they trade him. Vaccaro is the type of guy they should be trying to keep, not trade.

23 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

This would be another big mistake by the Saints if they trade him. Vaccaro is the type of guy they should be trying to keep, not trade.

I think that all depends on what they would get in return. Vonn Bell is a very similar player, but with how well Vaccaro has been playing, t makes for a tough trade even if we think Bell can step into that same role for us.

He probably has priced himself too high for the Saints to feel comfortable trading him. Nobody will want to give up an early pick cause they might be able to find a similar guy in the draft, Saints don't want a mid rounder cause they know he could turn into a pro bowler on another team and they'll be eating crow on a bad DB trade, again.

Also, the trade talks could've been nothing more than Payton trying to light a fire under his butt.

The only issue I've ever had with him is his hustle leaves a lot to be desired at times, he's had two pretty public benchings and some trade rumors floated around. He might be a guy you always have to keep pressing to get the most out of him 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

No more then a 3rd. If Jaimie Collins couldn't get more then that, and he was a more established player.

wasn't part of teh reason he fetched so little was that he let it be known he was going to be looking for a big payday?  I honestly can't remember though so I could be way off base too.

On 9/25/2017 at 4:55 PM, domepatrol91 said:

...Also, the trade talks could've been nothing more than Payton trying to light a fire under his butt.

The only issue I've ever had with him is his hustle leaves a lot to be desired at times, he's had two pretty public benchings and some trade rumors floated around. He might be a guy you always have to keep pressing to get the most out of him 

^^This, and it worked, at least for the following game. He was still out of position a few times (that could be coaching), but also came up big on quite a few occasions.

Now, to keep him focused and motivated. That's going to be the challenge. 

He's not going anywhere.

23 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Vaccaro and a 2nd/4th for Duane Brown? I know Zach Streif is nursing a bad knee. I believe Terron Armstead is hurt, too. Thoughts?

Isn’t the Texans O-line kind of bad...? 

I know Brown probably isn’t in the team’s future, but why trade a player that’d help a bad positional group in a division that you’ve won the last few years?

Archived