2020 KC Chiefs Roster Analysis - The Cornerbacks

KC_Guy

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm not so sure. For one thing, he has already been paid once. That helps for two reasons. He's not trying to make a name for the first time, and we were already paying more than we paid Breeland. He is much more likely to sign for money similar to the last contract. We will have to see.

J

Are you talking about Fuller? Because Fuller has never been paid. We acquired him on his rookie contract. He's made a little over $4M over his career.

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Are you talking about Fuller? Because Fuller has never been paid. We acquired him on his rookie contract. He's made a little over $4M over his career.

I stand corrected then.

That said, I think Fuller might be the one to re-sign. This defense seems to be geared to take advantage of tweeners in other schemes. So, we invest heavily in safeties instead of CB. 

J

On 16.2.2020 at 3:48 PM, onejayhawk said:

I stand corrected then.

That said, I think Fuller might be the one to re-sign. This defense seems to be geared to take advantage of tweeners in other schemes. So, we invest heavily in safeties instead of CB. 

J

May be you mixed up Kendall with Kyle - who already got paid.

Edited by KC_Guy

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

A question was raised that I would like an answer. If Reaser was in this draft, assuming good health and knowing what we know, where would he rank? Is he still a 6/7/UDFA? Is he an early day 3? Is he better than that? 

J

Probably 6th-7th..  it’s a decent CB group this year.  

It is really hard to ignore multiple lower leg injuries though.  I like what he shows when healthy 

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Probably 6th-7th..  it’s a decent CB group this year.  It is really hard to ignore multiple lower leg injuries though.  I like what he shows when healthy 

That seems reasonable. Tendons are always an issue to worry about and he would be depth regardless. 

A thought struck me. This is the way Belichick's LB used to look. Other than one gifted player, eg Vrabel or an edge rusher, he ran out dreck, year after year. The point of drafting Jerod Mayo was to finally get some stability. 

J

1 hour ago, Bullyball said:

Gladney is very good. He's a little bit on the smaller side at 183 but he can cover and is fast. He may raise up drat boards so we may have to trade up.

I'd be okay with trading up like 5-10 spots to get him. Seems like a solid Breeland replacement.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:48 AM, onejayhawk said:

I like Fuller. His interception in the SB was all his anticipating. Remember Washington's defense was really pissed when he was traded to KC.

• 2 weeks later...