2020 KC Chiefs Roster Analysis - The Cornerbacks

KC_Guy

25 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wouldn't hate bringing in Amukamara. But at this point, I think we should let the young guys play and get the experience.

Comfortable with rookie Sneed out there starting without any viable backup for the first 4 weeks? I'm not really ... Well, Hamilton ... but probably would take a Prince over him. 

35 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Comfortable with rookie Sneed out there starting without any viable backup for the first 4 weeks? I'm not really ... Well, Hamilton ... but probably would take a Prince over him. 

I was thinking Ward and Fenton with Mathieu/Sorenson playing the nickel/dime depending on situation. I think Hamilton can spot start but he's definitely a main ST guy.

I'm more comfortable moving Mathieu up and having Watts/Sorenson/Thompson fill in at S. Maybe even Colbert, but I haven't looked at him enough to know.

After age 30, there are not a lot of CB with anything in the tank. Most of them play safety. I would work Prince out, but not hold my breath hoping he pans out. 

We have two tested CB--Ward and Fenton. Sneed has evidently been playing well. Mathieu and Thornhill have a lot of coverage skills. It's not a great situation, but I can see rolling with it for a month.

J