Locked on Benglas Mock Draft Mondays

THE DUKE

30 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

the d-line is already deep, especially at DT.

Are we though? By the looks of it we could use another effective pass rusher from that spot. Someone needs to spell Atkins/Reader on obvious passing downs from the interior.

Atkins, while still effective, just turned 32. Reader, who can create some pressure, is better suited to see the majority of his snaps on 1st and 2nd down. Wren is unproven and a question mark, Tupou is strictly a nose tackle, and Glasgow is decent but coming off injury. We tried Hubbard from there but to no avail. Andrew Brown might be the best option at this point. 

Someone like Blacklock could provide productivity from that role immediately, while being groomed to take over for Atkins when the time comes. 

37 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

They grabbed the three CBs in free agency

Like theJ said, there’s uncertainty there beyond 2020. 

We got to remember, we’re making picking to cover ourselves for the next 3-4 years, not just this upcoming season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Like theJ said, there’s uncertainty there beyond 2020. 

We got to remember, we’re making picking to cover ourselves for the next 3-4 years, not just this upcoming season.

Totally agree, and that's why I think WR is much more in play than casual fans and outsiders believe for us.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Totally agree, and that's why I think WR is much more in play than casual fans and outsiders believe for us.

I see WR and CB as both being huge value in round 2.  Seems like there's potential for some good players there, and either position could come in and contribute in year 1, with a bigger role to come in year 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I see WR and CB as both being huge value in round 2.  Seems like there's potential for some good players there, and either position could come in and contribute in year 1, with a bigger role to come in year 2.

If we go corner in round 2, I’d think that would seal William Jackson’s fate

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

If we go corner in round 2, I’d think that would seal William Jackson’s fate

I only want to go CB if Henderson is there. The next 3-4 guys are mid 2nd to mid 3rd round guys for me and all pretty closely rated. I’d be fine taking whichever one slipped to the 3rd. 

• Like 1

This is PFF’s 3 round mock

1. CINCINNATI BENGALS — QB JOE BURROW, LSU

The Bengals will likely get some pretty incredible offers from the Dolphins to swap spots, but they should stay put. Burrow is simply that good.

33. CINCINNATI BENGALS — LB WILLIE GAY JR., MISSISSIPPI STATE

This might seem high, but talent-wise, it’s probably still a steal. Gay has a career coverage grade over 90.0 and blew up the Combine. The Bengals' need at linebacker is an obvious one.

65. CINCINNATI BENGALS — IOL NETANE MUTI, FRESNO STATE

Any help on the interior would be Joe Burrow’s best friend. Muti won’t cede an inch into the pocket and allowed only 14 pressures on 697 pass-blocking snaps in his college career.

Talent wise, this would be insane but two picks with major question marks would scare the hell out of me 

1 hour ago, BengalsBite said:

This is PFF’s 3 round mock

1. CINCINNATI BENGALS — QB JOE BURROW, LSU

The Bengals will likely get some pretty incredible offers from the Dolphins to swap spots, but they should stay put. Burrow is simply that good.

33. CINCINNATI BENGALS — LB WILLIE GAY JR., MISSISSIPPI STATE

This might seem high, but talent-wise, it’s probably still a steal. Gay has a career coverage grade over 90.0 and blew up the Combine. The Bengals' need at linebacker is an obvious one.

65. CINCINNATI BENGALS — IOL NETANE MUTI, FRESNO STATE

Any help on the interior would be Joe Burrow’s best friend. Muti won’t cede an inch into the pocket and allowed only 14 pressures on 697 pass-blocking snaps in his college career.

Talent wise, this would be insane but two picks with major question marks would scare the hell out of me 

I don’t mind Gay, but he’s more of a 4/5th round guy for me with the significant question marks

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Have you guys with this in my latest mock in the mock section:

1. QB Joe Burrow

33. LB Kenneth Murray

65. EDGE Curtis Weaver

Gave you a A+ grade.

Probably BPA WR in the 4th.

So your grading your own picks? How does that work lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Have you guys with this in my latest mock in the mock section:

1. QB Joe Burrow

33. LB Kenneth Murray

65. EDGE Curtis Weaver

Gave you a A+ grade.

Probably BPA WR in the 4th.

Murray and Weaver are good players but the Bengals draft has to be about keeping Burrow upright and maybe giving him more weapons. 

7 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

So your grading your own picks? How does that work lol

It’s a fun little twist. And the mock is what I think happens on draft day, not what I think should happens. So the grading works. 

Edited by BayRaider

Traded back from 33

Not high on Murray.  Higher on Queen than Murray, but still worried about some red flags.

Have a high grade on Madubuike (82, which is mid 1st rd value) and could see him as an upgrade on Tupou and eventual replacement for Geno at DT.

Don't know what to believe on the Isaiah Wilson draft status, but was there in this mock and discussed his positives and red flags

Debated between Willie Gay as a coverage LB, Robert Hunt to shore up the right side of the line, and Josh Uche as a versatile edge guy.  Talked about how Gay turned and ran with KJ Hamler in coverage and didn't play a lot, but has one of the highest coverage grades ever for LB from PFF.  Also like Josh Uche as an edge defender, especially for the 3-4 looks, but think he can handle SLB in 4-3.

Gay, Brooks, Dye, ADG all go after 69, but Logan Wilson still on the board for rd 4.  Would also want Adam Trautman if there at 107.  Troy Pride Jr good value at CB in rd 4 as is Amik Robertson.  Devin Duvernary and Antonio Gandy Golden the options at WR there.  Logan Wilson will be 24 when the season starts, and they like LB's they think will be there in rd 5 (Bachie, Taylor, Weaver, Bailey (injury risk though), Phillips as a Bynes replacement in 2021), but Wilson has an all around profile in both coverage and run defense.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
39. Justin Madubuike, DL, Texas A&M
65. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
69. Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan
107. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
147. Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Traded back from 33

Not high on Murray.  Higher on Queen than Murray, but still worried about some red flags.

Have a high grade on Madubuike (82, which is mid 1st rd value) and could see him as an upgrade on Tupou and eventual replacement for Geno at DT.

Don't know what to believe on the Isaiah Wilson draft status, but was there in this mock and discussed his positives and red flags

Debated between Willie Gay as a coverage LB, Robert Hunt to shore up the right side of the line, and Josh Uche as a versatile edge guy.  Talked about how Gay turned and ran with KJ Hamler in coverage and didn't play a lot, but has one of the highest coverage grades ever for LB from PFF.  Also like Josh Uche as an edge defender, especially for the 3-4 looks, but think he can handle SLB in 4-3.

Gay, Brooks, Dye, ADG all go after 69, but Logan Wilson still on the board for rd 4.  Would also want Adam Trautman if there at 107.  Troy Pride Jr good value at CB in rd 4 as is Amik Robertson.  Devin Duvernary and Antonio Gandy Golden the options at WR there.  Logan Wilson will be 24 when the season starts, and they like LB's they think will be there in rd 5 (Bachie, Taylor, Weaver, Bailey (injury risk though), Phillips as a Bynes replacement in 2021), but Wilson has an all around profile in both coverage and run defense.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
39. Justin Madubuike, DL, Texas A&M
65. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
69. Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan
107. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
147. Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis

I’m leaning more and more towards hoping that we trade back, and I’d be happy with Madabuike there if we do so. Uche I like a lot, too.