Locked on Benglas Mock Draft Mondays

THE DUKE

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’m leaning more and more towards hoping that we trade back, and I’d be happy with Madabuike there if we do so. Uche I like a lot, too. 

Depends on who is there. I’d rather us get a guy I love at 33 (Mims, Queen, Jones), than pick up an extra 3rd rounder by moving back. 

19 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

Depends on who is there. I’d rather us get a guy I love at 33 (Mims, Queen, Jones), than pick up an extra 3rd rounder by moving back. 

I like those names too, but I’m not expecting them to be there. And if the major names are gone I’d rather trade back and add a 3rd than reach on someone whose value doesn’t quite fit the draft slot. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I like those names too, but I’m not expecting them to be there. And if the major names are gone I’d rather trade back and add a 3rd than reach on someone whose value doesn’t quite fit the draft slot. 

Agree with that. If we could move back 8-10 spots and still land Jalin Raegor or Isaiah Wilson, I’d be all for it

• Like 1

So I was doing this mock and had like 6 guys I liked for 33 so I traded down to 42, and then all 6 go in the next 7 picks.  So about 5 guys I like in the next tier so I traded down to 51, lo and behold, none make it to 51, so I traded back to 62.  This is how that mock ended up.

CIN 1.          
Joe Burrow
QB LSU

CIN 62.          
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR USC
trade icon
CIN 65.          
Logan Wilson
ILB Wyoming

CIN 107.          
Ben Bartch
OT St. John's

CIN 116.          
Terrell Burgess
S Utah
trade icon
CIN 123.          
Chase Claypool
WR Notre Dame
trade icon
CIN 136.          
Antonio Gibson
RB Memphis
trade icon
CIN 140.          
Netane Muti
G Fresno State
trade icon
CIN 147.          
Alton Robinson
DE Syracuse

CIN 164.          
Evan Weaver
ILB Cal
trade icon
CIN 175.          
Tyler Bass
K Georgia Southern
trade icon
Edited by THE DUKE

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

So I was doing this mock and had like 6 guys I liked for 33 so I traded down to 42, and then all 6 go in the next 7 picks.  So about 5 guys I like in the next tier so I traded down to 51, lo and behold, none make it to 51, so I traded back to 62.  This is how that mock ended up.

CIN 1.          
Joe Burrow
QB LSU

CIN 62.          
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR USC
trade icon
CIN 65.          
Logan Wilson
ILB Wyoming

CIN 107.          
Ben Bartch
OT St. John's

CIN 116.          
Terrell Burgess
S Utah
trade icon
CIN 123.          
Chase Claypool
WR Notre Dame
trade icon
CIN 136.          
Antonio Gibson
RB Memphis
trade icon
CIN 140.          
Netane Muti
G Fresno State
trade icon
CIN 147.          
Alton Robinson
DE Syracuse

CIN 164.          
Evan Weaver
ILB Cal
trade icon
CIN 175.          
Tyler Bass
K Georgia Southern
trade icon

So who all did you pass on?

I think at 33, Queen, Reagor, Jones, Wilson, McKinney, and Baun were all still available.  Felt like one of those would make it to 42, but alas.  That's the risk of trading down. Came out of this draft with one guy who feels elite, instead of possibly two.  Big run on OT at the end of rd 1 and then in the middle of rd 2.  Peart didn't even make it past the mid 50's.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I think at 33, Queen, Reagor, Jones, Wilson, McKinney, and Baun were all still available.  Felt like one of those would make it to 42, but alas.  That's the risk of trading down. Came out of this draft with one guy who feels elite, instead of possibly two.  Big run on OT at the end of rd 1 and then in the middle of rd 2.  Peart didn't even make it past the mid 50's.

No way I'd take the chance with Baun there.  I think that's who Lou covets, as he can play off ball and still occasionally blitz from the edge.  Not sure how they feel about Queen.  If we want Jones, I wouldn't trade back.  Wilson we could, as long as 6 weren't off the board already

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

No way I'd take the chance with Baun there.  I think that's who Lou covets, as he can play off ball and still occasionally blitz from the edge.  Not sure how they feel about Queen.  If we want Jones, I wouldn't trade back.  Wilson we could, as long as 6 weren't off the board already

Maybe Baun falls to the 3rd with his diluted test sample 

10 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Maybe Baun falls to the 3rd with his diluted test sample 

Maybe .  But diluted samples have lots of causes, and all of them are not trying to beat the test

edit:  But this diluted test explains why he started tumbling down boards this week

Edited by INbengalfan