BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I don't disagree, at least not immediately. 

You guys forget aside from the picks he got he can turn around the other assets he got for picks and/or other players as well.

Pickle got a franchise QB back and saved around 15k so he can actually build a full roster. 

Pickle is in a good place. He’s got a franchise QB in his rookie deal. It didn’t work last year but they won the title two years ago. The infrastructure is there.

I don’t know how you can justify trading Mahomes and making your team better. 

Just now, MD4L said:

I don’t know how you can justify trading Mahomes and making your team better.

You keep ignoring the other pieces and acting like he just got Miller and Thielen. He got a very good CB, and he got maybe the best young up and coming TE in the league to go with a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Not one person here will say his team is better after the trade, but if he wanted to move 1 piece to start to build again this is what he needed to do. 

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You keep ignoring the other pieces and acting like he just got Miller and Thielen. He got a very good CB, and he got maybe the best young up and coming TE in the league to go with a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Not one person here will say his team is better after the trade, but if he wanted to move 1 piece to start to build again this is what he needed to do. 

It would’ve been great if he added a CB on a great deal, he’s paying a premium for Peters on a 3 UP and over. It wasn’t like he wasn’t going to get value for Mahomes but that trade in my opinion is hard to justify. Lamar and a first would’ve been great IMO.

EDIT: That last sentence is again just an opinion. If you go against that, I’ll concede the point.

Edited by MD4L

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

It would’ve been great if he added a CB on a great deal, he’s paying a premium for Peters on a 3 UP and over. It wasn’t like he wasn’t going to get value for Mahomes but that trade in my opinion is hard to justify. Lamar and a first would’ve been great IMO.

Were you gonna donate the 1st?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Because at the end of the day Bill O'Brien isnt actually a good NFL coach.

Agreed. I was just explaining to my fiancee's dad that it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for him to lose his job after this. 

• Like 1