BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

20 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So wait, you're saying if you make his offense trash he isnt good? But Mahomes, Brees, Watson, and others they dont get diminished like that you're arguing a fake point to fit your narrative. He is a damn good QB that had a damn good year.

What lol? 

Mahomes has a great situation I agree, but he also does things that very few QBs in history could do and put up one of the greatest ever seasons by a QB last year. He's the reigning league MVP for a reason.

Brees has done this for 15 years, has numerous records in terms of efficiency and volume. It's a bit different. 

Watson has had one of the worst OLs in the league for some time. It's improved this year with Tunsil sure, but it's not great. Plus it's not like he's got a running game either. 

Fact is Dak beats up on easy teams. 6 of the Cowboys wins came against teams picking in the top 5. 75% of their wins. His stats in those games:

vs. Giants - 4 TD, 0 INT, 405 yards
@ Redskins - 3 TD, 1 INT, 269 yards
vs. Dolphins - 2 TD, 1 INT, 246 yards
@ Giants - 3 TD, 1 INT, 257 yards
vs. Redskins - 4 TD, 0 INT, 303 yards
vs Lions - 3 TD, 0 INT, 444 yards

Totals:  19 TD, 3 INT, Just under 2000 yards

Now of course you can cherry pick and if you remove all games against crap teams for every player, their stats will look worse. But the thing is he comes up flat against good teams for the first 3 quarters then racks up garbage time yardage. 

In any case, I'm not a stats guy. I watch him and there's nothing he does at all that stands out and makes me say wow. He's generally a good decision maker, decent arm but nothing remarkable. He pretty much is the definition of does well where he should, and struggles when the going gets tough. That's a smack bang average QB. 

Edited by WFLukic

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

What lol? 

Mahomes has a great situation I agree, but he also does things that very few QBs in history could do and put up one of the greatest ever seasons by a QB last year. He's the reigning league MVP for a reason.

Brees has done this for 15 years, has numerous records in terms of efficiency and volume. It's a bit different. 

Watson has had one of the worst OLs in the league for some time. It's improved this year with Tunsil sure, but it's not great. Plus it's not like he's got a running game either. 

Fact is Dak beats up on easy teams. 6 of the Cowboys wins came against teams picking in the top 5. 75% of their wins. His stats in those games:

vs. Giants - 4 TD, 0 INT, 405 yards
@ Redskins - 3 TD, 1 INT, 269 yards
vs. Dolphins - 2 TD, 1 INT, 246 yards
@ Giants - 3 TD, 1 INT, 257 yards
vs. Redskins - 4 TD, 0 INT, 303 yards
vs Lions - 3 TD, 0 INT, 444 yards

Totals:  19 TD, 3 INT, Just under 2000 yards

Now of course you can cherry pick and if you remove all games against crap teams for every player, their stats will look worse. But the thing is he comes up flat against good teams for the first 3 quarters then racks up garbage time yardage. 

In any case, I'm not a stats guy. I watch him and there's nothing he does at all that stands out and makes me say wow. He's generally a good decision maker, decent arm but nothing remarkable. He pretty much is the definition of does well where he should, and struggles when the going gets tough. That's a smack bang average QB. 

Your opinion on QBs is worth the taste of black licorice which ain't worth much cuz that crap is disgusting.

Josh Allen is one of the most mediocre starters in the league as far as former 1st rounders go and yet every week through a season we gotta listen to you say how great he is.

His numbers are better than Josh Allens. 

#FACT

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Now that I know Dak will only cost 75%... this changes things

That does for a lot of players I imagine. Credit to xmad for noticing that as paying Peters 75% of a deal helps him a little imo.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That wasnt directed at you. So maybe you should relax. I mean to be completely fair, you could easily have went back 5 pages on the sub forum and saw it for yourself though.

It was directed at the fact it was turning into a "let's bash Dak and try to derail a trade" amongst 10 different people and it took me all of 30 seconds to prove half of you were wrong.

MD4L and I were the two who knew for a fact it had been 100% and forgot we had changed it.  And neither of us ever mentioned Dak.  So aim your 'end of discussion' elsewhere.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

MD4L and I were the two who knew for a fact it had been 100% and forgot we had changed it.  And neither of us ever mentioned Dak.  So aim your 'end of discussion' elsewhere.  

I didnt aim it at you thank you.very much. Never said you said anything about Dak. I simply didnt single anyone out. 

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That does for a lot of players I imagine. Credit to xmad for noticing that as paying Peters 75% of a deal helps him a little imo.

Yeah totally didn't forget we changed it to 75%. I am smart.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

source.gif

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Rags you smell like mildew and hotpockets 

End of discussion 

giphy.gif

• Like 2