BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

I need some clarity on a rule. I think I understand it but need to make sure as I develop a plan for future seasons.

The 100% extension rule. This allows me to add years to a players contract on my team that is NOT a UFA at the cost of either A) his irl salary or B) his BDL salary (if higher than his irl) salary

Correct?

A follow up questions:

how many years am I allowed to add?

How many players am I allowed to extend?

Does this count as a 3 Up?

Edited by wwhickok

33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I need some clarity on a rule. I think I understand it but need to make sure as I develop a plan for future seasons.

The 100% extension rule. This allows me to add years to a players contract on my team that is NOT a UFA at the cost of either A) his irl salary or B) his BDL salary (if higher than his irl) salary

Correct?

A follow up questions:

You can do this an unlimited amount of times. Of course this can really damage cap later on. You extend them the length of whatever that current contract they have is I believe (someone else can clarify). You can’t add phantom years. Like if he has two years left you can’t give him a four year contract. And no these don’t count as 3ups. 

42 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Correct?

A follow up questions:

If I remember correctly you have to match their IRL contract exactly, so replacing the BDL salary entirely unless his BDL is higher. So you don't get a choice in years.

There is no limit to my knowledge but there's generally a limited number of players this applies to on your roster so.

Nope. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You can do this an unlimited amount of times. Of course this can really damage cap later on. You extend them the length of whatever that current contract they have is I believe (someone else can clarify). You can’t add phantom years. Like if he has two years left you can’t give him a four year contract. And no these don’t count as 3ups. 

And by current contract I meant real life contract 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

So basically, as a rule Extensions in this league are pretty pointless. Everything is designed to make sure free agency is stacked.. got it.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Correct?

A follow up questions:

If you 100% extend someone it's to mirror his IRL contract. So same years and per year salary left.

The caveat about it can't lower the players BDL salary is to prevent someone from signing a player for big money one year in FA and then using this rule to reduce that amount the following year.

Honestly this is something that I wanted to vote to get rid of entirely last off season but a few owners use it enough and I was trying to get other major changes done to streamline the RFA/FA/3Up/5th Year Option process that is wasn't worth fighting for. Any rule that only applies to a handful of players each year at this point should just be removed IMO. it won't break the league by now having it in.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You can compete in FA just like everyone else

So like I said the extension ability is pointless really.  I am not complaining, I'm stating my opinion. But I also dont need the snide responses every time I say something people dont agree with. 

Edited by wwhickok

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So like I said the extension ability is pointless really.  I am not complaining, I'm stating my opinion. But I also dont need the snide responses every time I say something people dont agree with. 

Snide? Get out of here with that

Just now, Counselor said:

I have the right to post whatever I would like to your opinions within forum rules. This trying to control people’s posts or telling people end of discussion is laughable.

I have no interest in controlling people's responses so relax. 

End of discussion posts, ain't in anyway telling YOU to stop talking, its telling you I'm done. Though I havent done that in a while.

All I'm saying is maybe not take everything I say so personal.

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have no interest in controlling people's responses so relax. 

End of discussion posts, ain't in anyway telling YOU to stop talking, its telling you I'm done. Though I havent done that in a while.

All I'm saying is maybe not take everything I say so personal.

I didn’t. If you took me telling you that you can compete in FA like everyone else considering you have the most cap of any team as snide that is a reflection of you taking it personally. 

• Like 2