BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

It's true a lot of people don't always give their take. That's why we implemented the rule. As I said no one is tracking it but if we were to do it, people who didn't comment on 50% of the games would be penalized (I think you get 3 warnings and then 500 cap penalty for next season per week with offense) 

I don't know who told you no ignoring but that's BS. I find BDL much more enjoyable since I can't see ww posts

Read back in here and WWs game thread. No reason to bring it up any more in here 

I think the way that Sacramento v Antarctica result went was pretty inexplicable.

Timmy Jernigan played 29% of possible defensive snaps this week and has been constantly injured in years gone by. I don't see any way that Buckner as the only full-time DT was going to stop the run. If you think Antarctica has a better team that's fine - I think they do too, but they would've really struggled that game on defense. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I think the way that Sacramento v Antarctica result went was pretty inexplicable.

Timmy Jernigan played 29% of possible defensive snaps this week and has been constantly injured in years gone by. I don't see any way that Buckner as the only full-time DT was going to stop the run. If you think Antarctica has a better team that's fine - I think they do too, but they would've really struggled that game on defense. 

Appreciate this. Not to mention that Oline with a G who played 24 snaps at T and is not even a starter and played awful at that. And two other members on that Oline that aren’t good. I am very disappointed in how that game went. It’s more of the “that game plan is too long so I won’t read it and just vote for the big names”. SirA1 who doesn’t read game plans apparently voted against me and didn’t say a single thing about the game except a score of 24-21. And he’s a division rival. I would hope for better.

40 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Collectively, the 3RBs carrying 90% of the load for Sacramento had 25 carries for 80 yards in their career. I get the point on Jernigan, but it comes back to what I said earlier, week 1 of their rookie year where they were part time players, I don't know if those guys would take advantage of that, despite the advantage in the trenches.

Maybe Taylor gets more touches next week and impresses - entirely possible especially with Mack injury. But at this point, it's hard to say.

I understand the point though, this is the game I struggled the most on because it was hard to evaluate tbh

@rackcs @Ragnarok thanks for the game threads, much appreciated.

Just a nice to have request - if a player from a lineup is out - would you mind putting him in bolded red in the lineups. Whicker did that back then and I found it helpful to make sure I didn't miss any injury or anything. 

Obviously you wouldn't have the responsibility to scout the inactives list, that's the task of opposing owners or others. Just highlighting it in the gameplan would be perfect. 

If that's too complicated it's not a big deal obviously 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Orca said:

Read back in here and WWs game thread. No reason to bring it up any more in here 

3 hours ago, The Orca said:

I did, thats when things took an ugly turn lol

Yea, that wasn't a fun read. Sorry dude. Sometimes it's tough to handle a criticism of your team. Most of us don't mind, unless you just stroll in and go "Team A is cheeks, voted team B" then I could see the losing team wanting some clarification. Haha. Look at @rackcs and my game thread, we got questioned and asked questioned back and everyone stayed cool about it. I'd much rather know why someone voted against me, even if it's pointing out flaws.

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

@rackcs @Ragnarok thanks for the game threads, much appreciated.

Just a nice to have request - if a player from a lineup is out - would you mind putting him in bolded red in the lineups. Whicker did that back then and I found it helpful to make sure I didn't miss any injury or anything. 

Obviously you wouldn't have the responsibility to scout the inactives list, that's the task of opposing owners or others. Just highlighting it in the gameplan would be perfect. 

If that's too complicated it's not a big deal obviously 

If people point out inactives, I have no problem marking them as such

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Good game @rackcs, fully expected a close one and wouldn't have batted an eye if I lost to your squad.

Definitely a good matchup. Like I said earlier, I hope to be a little bit healthier on offense next time and we'll see if I can take that one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WFLukic said:

The eagles have always been known to rotate their d lineman like this android honestly, they have a bunch of dlineman to make it work. That's more a team thing than a player imo. 

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Appreciate this. Not to mention that Oline with a G who played 24 snaps at T and is not even a starter and played awful at that. And two other members on that Oline that aren’t good. I am very disappointed in how that game went. It’s more of the “that game plan is too long so I won’t read it and just vote for the big names”. SirA1 who doesn’t read game plans apparently voted against me and didn’t say a single thing about the game except a score of 24-21. And he’s a division rival. I would hope for better.

DJ Fluker was a guard literally all last year.  An average one at that mind u but still a guard 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

DJ Fluker was a guard literally all last year.  An average one at that mind u but still a guard 

Yea, Fluker has literal years worth of experience at guard.

edit: Also, looking into that game, didn't realize my rookie Tyre Philips started at guard over him. Surprised.

Edited by Jlash