BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You might end up with Burrow if I keep reading the draft forum on this site

The most valuable QBs in BDL (Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson, and Lamar Jackson) were all acquired after round one. In fact of that group, Lamar Jackson was the highest choice (R2). Watson was round 3, Mahomes round 4, and Wilson was a BDL UDFA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The most valuable QBs in BDL (Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson, and Lamar Jackson) were all acquired after round one. In fact of that group, Lamar Jackson was the highest choice (R2). Watson was round 3, Mahomes round 4, and Wilson was a BDL UDFA. 

I think this speaks more to how awful you all are at evaluating talent

Just now, MD4L said:

I have always wondered what’s the second most valuable position in this league. Edge/WR/CB or maybe even RB.

It’s explosive playmakers. Explosive playmakers are what this league drools over and the trenches are undervalued here by a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

I think this speaks to more how awful you all are at evaluating talent

To be fair, Mahomes has arguably the top receiving TE, a HOF HC, and a game changer at WR. Give the people helping him look so good credit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It’s explosive playmakers. Explosive playmakers are what this league drools over and the trenches are undervalued here by a lot.

Btw I don’t think trench play is undervalued. I think people care about the name that’s playing in the trenches rather than how they’ve performed (i.e. one year wonder OL is probably lower value than any position).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Btw I don’t think trench play is undervalued. I think people care about the name that’s playing in the trenches rather than how they’ve performed (i.e. one year wonder OL is probably lower value than any position).

That may be true. I value the trenches a lot

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

This is the narrative I've been talking about for a while. I cant make ppl vote a certain way but I wish they were more thorough in their thought process, instead of looking at "names". I've been guilty of it too. 

8 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Safety is the least valued. When you have 2 All Pros and someone says your secondary is a weakness, pretty much means they have no effect.

Thanks man. I didn’t wanna bring up Derwin + Tyrann so it’s a honor someone else thought so highly of them to bring it up.