BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, Blue said:

The offseason roster construction. I think there's got to be a better way to do the writeups each week than the standard page-long nonsense everyone seems to agree on, but if I try to streamline it so that it isn't a massive wall of text, I get called "lazy" or people assume I'm not trying.

I shockingly agree with Blue on something lmao.  

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

I guess my comment about gameplans came across as hostile, and I didn't mean it to be. I just think there's a lot of pressure for people to put together these complex, in-depth gameplans, and if you don't, you get called out for "well you didn't put that in your gameplan" or not accounting for every little thing that could happen. It leads to these enormous walls of text in some cases, typically in the bigger games, and I don't think that's a good thing during the regular season.

I think it would be much more effective and less time-consuming for everyone if each team simply listed their offensive philosophy in the roster thread alongside their team lineup, then maybe touched on 2-3 "matchups" on each side of the ball for their specific opponent each week. But that's just me.

To each his own. I think there are multiple viable alternatives but the madden simulation and even offensive philosophy would result in a general lack of information bc something like “Seahawks D, McVay offense” leaves a lot of grey area. I think one consistent thing from the best teams is their philosophy and strategy changes very little. They’ll attack a player or focus on one person that can have an easier matchup. This approach has remained for so long for a reason. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

To each his own. I think there are multiple viable alternatives but the madden simulation and even offensive philosophy would result in a general lack of information bc something like “Seahawks D, McVay offense” leaves a lot of grey area. I think one consistent thing from the best teams is their philosophy and strategy changes very little. They’ll attack a player or focus on one person that can have an easier matchup. This approach has remained for so long for a reason. 

I am talking about something more in-depth than that, because I agree that's far too vague. What I'm thinking is an in-depth offensive/defensive writeup that people can refer back to or assume a team is following throughout the year unless they specifically state otherwise in their write-up for the week.

Well I guess the reason I’m a bottom feeder team is that I change too many things 🤷🏼‍♂️. I did install RPO’s for the first time ever this week... as I think it really plays into Burrows athleticism, quick decision making and the area he has thrived in, the quick passing game. But hey... it’s a change so...

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well I guess the reason I’m a bottom feeder team is that I change too many things 🤷🏼‍♂️. I did install RPO’s for the first time ever this week... as I think it really plays into Burrows athleticism, quick decision making and the area he has thrived in, the quick passing game. But hey... it’s a change so...

I like your game plan. 

Dalvin Cook numbers this week: 226 yards, 32 touches, 4 TDs (TDs from 50&21 yards out)

David Montgomery numbers this week: 105 yards, 23 touches,0 TDs (largest run was a 50 yard carry; otherwise a modest 2.5 YPC.

Im looking at these numbers and am wondering what exactly PFF is evaluating to say Montgomery was the RB of the week. This type of information sharing is irresponsible.

• Like 2

Just now, MD4L said:

Dalvin Cook numbers this week: 226 yards, 32 touches, 4 TDs (TDs from 50&21 yards out)

David Montgomery numbers this week: 105 yards, 23 touches,0 TDs (largest run was a 50 yard carry; otherwise a modest 2.5 YPC.

Im looking at these numbers and am wondering what exactly PFF is evaluating to say Montgomery was the RB of the week. This type of information sharing is irresponsible.

JK Dobbins was better than Montgomery 

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I also add new things frequently. Our system isn’t perfect and requires a lot but the payoff is beyond worthwhile.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Exactly. Should be Damien Harris.

Just now, Counselor said:

JK Dobbins was better than Montgomery 

Montgomery wasn’t the best RB in his own game last week. What did he do that I’m not accounting for? Did he have the best pass blocking performance of all time yesterday? 

Irresponsible stuff here.