BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

35 minutes ago, Blue said:

I hear and acknowledge all of you. However, this is the worst ******* Pats team of the last twenty years, they looked like the worst ******* Pats team of the last twenty years, and the Jets still managed to blow a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter at home in which they ran four plays, all pass plays of which one was a game-changing interception on first down when all they needed to do was run time off the clock.

I therefore stand by my assertion that this may have been the worst Jets game I have ever seen, given the context outlined above.

Oh. First time watching Adam gase coached team? 

I saw Seattle lineup Jamal Adams on Stefon Diggs at one point on Sunday. He was in man coverage against Edelman when they played New England earlier this year. I get the versatility but man coverage against receivers was not one of the things Adams does at an exceptionally high level.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

I saw Seattle lineup Jamal Adams on Stefon Diggs at one point on Sunday. He was in man coverage against Edelman when they played New England earlier this year. I get the versatility but man coverage against receivers was not one of the things Adams does at an exceptionally high level.

He's definitely best at the line of scrimmage.  Were they using him to blitz from the slot or playing short zone?  Agreed man on outside isn't his forte, not sure I ever saw the Jets use him that way, except against TEs split wide.

35 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

He's definitely best at the line of scrimmage.  Were they using him to blitz from the slot or playing short zone?  Agreed man on outside isn't his forte, not sure I ever saw the Jets use him that way, except against TEs split wide.

He was in the slot, but it was trips left look where Diggs was the closest receiver to the left tackle. That matchup reminded me of the week two game where Cam kept targeting Adams against Edelman and relentlessly attacked the matchup. Edelman finished with a career high in yardage (179) that game.

31 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He was in the slot, but it was trips left look where Diggs was the closest receiver to the left tackle. That matchup reminded me of the week two game where Cam kept targeting Adams against Edelman and relentlessly attacked the matchup. Edelman finished with a career high in yardage (179) that game.

I'm sure Edelman's wasn't all against Adams.  Aren't Seahawks CBs poverty level?  But yeah, not a great match up.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, SirA1 said:
On 11/5/2020 at 7:36 PM, pheltzbahr said:

Who was the dude who created our Workbook for us?  Maybe he can take a look and see if there's something wrong in the guts of it where its not recognizing IR status

@ny92mike but I am not sure if he has been on here recently.

Looks like Spotrac changed their site map to the IR listing.  Changed it in the workbook to account for this change.

Should be good now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MD4L said:

Agreed, not sure if Seattle knows what they want to do with him. They've played him so close to the LOS this year he's basically a LB.

2 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

He seems to do pretty well against TEs. I remember his rookie year against Gronk in their first game he got targeted but he seemed to greatly improve against TE's after that. Splitting him out against WR's though, not a great idea for most SS's. 

Edited by Jlash

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Yeah Adams is the prototype moneybacker, who'll likely transition to full time linebacker. He's just too good against the run and as a blitzer to be used in coverage. He was generating a lot of pressure vs. Buffalo

He's got 3.5 sacks in 4 games at safety.