BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Nice try but it was a tipped pass not a bad pass. Montez Sweat ended the streak, not Ben. 

Move along clown 

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

To quote the king of clowns

'A pick is a pick'

All that matters is Montez Sweat.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 11:11 PM, Blue said:

I'm not worried about Ben throwing deep and no one should be. He's always been prone to standing too long in the pocket, and his arm hasn't looked right all year.

But it's okay, you don't have to admit you're wrong now. Wait a few weeks, let the season prove it. That seems like the more embarrassing route, having to admit you were dead wrong, but I respect a man who's willing to humiliate himself in front of a dozen of his peers. I'll let you decide which of the other 14 other owners you consider peers and who the two scrubs are.

Eight weeks later: game-losing interception against the 4-7 Washington Football Team at home today. 6.5 YPA going into today's game, putting him 27th in the league and in the company of such astounding quarterbacks as Drew Lock and Daniel Jones. Players with greater YPA than Ben Roethlisberger this season include: Joe Burrow, Alex Smith, Gardner Minshew, Cam Newton, Baker Mayfield, Philip Rivers, Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, and Nick Mullens. Given he couldn't move the ball against Baltimore's JV defense, I'm excited to see how he's going to fare against Buffalo and Indianapolis in the next three weeks.

Edited by Blue

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Eight weeks later: game-losing interception against the 4-7 Washington Football Team at home today. 6.5 YPA going into today's game, putting him 27th in the league and in the company of such astounding quarterbacks as Drew Lock and Daniel Jones. Players with greater YPA than Ben Roethlisberger this season include: Joe Burrow, Alex Smith, Gardner Minshew, Cam Newton, Baker Mayfield, Philip Rivers, Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, and Nick Mullens. Given he couldn't move the ball against Baltimore's JV defense, I'm excited to see how he's going to fare against Buffalo and Indianapolis in the next three weeks.

Look, Roethlisberger is not the QB he once was. You're right that his deep ball is pretty much done but he's still playing well this year in other parts of the field. My main beef with what you said is about him not moving the ball against Baltimore but he dealt with 7 drops then and 5 today (not to mention their secondary was intact despite their outbreak). And whick is right that his INT today was from a ball tipped in the air at the line so pretty fluky. He's been an effective QB in the short and intermediate range. Lately he's been let down by drops from his receivers, a banged up OL, and a non-existent running game.

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well not really when you're talking about his performance against Baltimore

I kindly ignored that because the game where this conversation took place, Ben was playing against the vastly superior secondary of Tre White, Darius Slay, and Byron Jones. So if he was struggling against the Ravens because of their secondary, there's no reason he would have fared any better against mine, since apparently we're pretending front seven play doesn't matter in the passing game.

Edited by Blue

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I know the interception is still an Int but to be fair, it was a good defensive play. Washington is also, imo, much better than their record. Smith should've been the starter from day 1. 

The Steelers though, they need to get their **** together. But the YPA, that doesn't bother me. Ben is a better QB than every single.person you just named, imo, right now. But the point you're making is fair.

Just now, Counselor said:

Early down when they have the box loaded to stop Henry. And Burrow wins he pretty much got a bullseye.

Not going to lie that certainly having Henry in the backfield leads to better opportunities. Point being, Tannehill is taking advantage of those opportunities when the defense loads up. And when you have a backfield of Chubb-Ekeler-Elliott... 

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Not going to lie that certainly having Henry in the backfield leads to better opportunities. Point being, Tannehill is taking advantage of those opportunities when the defense loads up. And when you have a backfield of Chubb-Ekeler-fat fumblerooski...

Fixed it for you

• Like 1