BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Pittsburgh is essentially using the short passing game to compensate for their complete lack of ability to run the football. That's what should be most alarming to them. WFT's defense is no joke, and a team like that is going to be tough for a team like Pittsburgh, who doesn't have any balance offensively, to beat with regularity. From an AFC standpoint, IMO that team is the Buffalo Bills. They're strong up the middle and in their secondary.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Pittsburgh is essentially using the short passing game to compensate for their complete lack of ability to run the football. That's what should be most alarming to them. WFT's defense is no joke, and a team like that is going to be tough for a team like Pittsburgh, who doesn't have any balance offensively, to beat with regularity. From an AFC standpoint, IMO that team is the Buffalo Bills. They're strong up the middle and in their secondary.

U do realize buffalo has only 100 more yards than Pitts on the season running the ball and that is including Josh Allen right 

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

U do realize buffalo has only 100 more yards than Pitts on the season running the ball and that is including Josh Allen right 

I'm speaking of a team "built" to stop Pittsburgh, which would be Buffalo. Given how good Buffalo is on the back end with good DT play, they are built to stop that Pittsburgh offense. Throw in Allen's mobility, and they'll have to account for him defensively as well.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

No its not. Buffalo hasn't had much better success running than we have. A stupid Fichtner-Called WC play is the primary reason Buffalo beat us last year. We are plenty capable of beating Buffalo. 

Edited by wwhickok

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

No its not. Buffalo hasn't had much better success running than we have. A stupid Fichtner-Called WC play is the primary reason Buffalo beat us last year. We are plenty capable of beating Buffalo. 

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm speaking of a team "built" to stop Pittsburgh, which would be Buffalo. Given how good Buffalo is on the back end with good DT play, they are built to stop that Pittsburgh offense. Throw in Allen's mobility, and they'll have to account for him defensively as well.

Clarification 

55 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Good play on the back end,  and from the DT's.   That's basically all the Chiefs have on defense.    Pitt really needs to get the running game going, if they want to put it on the Chiefs.    We really struggle against teams that can run/pass on any down.     Our defense is actually pretty damn decent if you come out throwing the ball.

That's not to say they couldn't win if they don't get it rolling,    we have plenty of issues as well. 

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Anyone that isn't making the playoffs want to step up and write my gameplans for the playoffs? I got some real **** going on irl. Not sure how long it'll take to deal with.

If I don't make it /play u I can throw something together 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Anyone that isn't making the playoffs want to step up and write my gameplans for the playoffs? I got some real **** going on irl. Not sure how long it'll take to deal with.

Hoping for the best and everything works out well dude.

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'll help you if you want, for sure.

• Like 1