BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, Counselor said:

Alright without everyone thinking I’m challenging this let me be clear. Can we put this in writing in the rules and guidelines going forward? Just like the tiebreaker order of deciding factors? Please

How about anything not in the BDL rules Mirrors the NFL? Would be much simpler than corner casing everything going forward.

9 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

If it wasn't done then whomever was doing the draft was being lazy. The first 5-6 years when I ran the draft it was always done.

I could only find a draft order from 2016 and it's not going to be easy to parse things but when ever I did the draft order this was the way it was done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WZxWKaYn5Ki7EWDVJYiEKZivzRrXpZnnWgP_q_85oeo/edit#gid=973293152

Have you not been doing the draft order these past couple years? Who has been doing it?

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

How about anything not in the BDL rules Mirrors the NFL? Would be much simpler than corner casing everything going forward.

And also why I want it written is look how it has changed with who is in charge. So I should expect it to be nfl rules if it is not written? Then the past few drafts should have followed my expectations. But they didn’t and then now you are in charge and they do follow the nfl. So that’s just inconsistent.

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Have you not been doing the draft order these past couple years? Who has been doing it?

Whomever stepped forward to do it.

Last year Racks I think, the Year before Mike. Not sure the other years. Basically I went from doing everything to others helping out.

We didn't even have these BDL Guidelines until like 2-3 years ago and they still aren't complete and probably never will be.

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And also why I want it written is look how it has changed with who is in charge. So I should expect it to be nfl rules if it is not written? Then the past few drafts should have followed my expectations. But they didn’t and then now you are in charge and they do follow the nfl. So that’s just inconsistent.

I was just trying to be helpful so your Mocks can be more accurate. I was going to mention something when you had me at 13 in each round because Playoff Seeding doesn't equal Draft order. Never has. The only two spots locked in are 15 and 16 from the Bizz Bowl participants Everything else reverts to overall record and tie breakers.

16 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I found the Google Doc I made of past Drafts. Without having original picks this is likely a deep dive. We really didn't keep track of things like we do now and it's all garbled over on WF.com now. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mUSjSAALn2-OGGYJF3PBSHCFBHgugRI9jcyNYJ0HaxY/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I was just trying to be helpful so your Mocks can be more accurate. I was going to mention something when you had me at 13 in each round because Playoff Seeding doesn't equal Draft order. Never has. The only two spots locked in are 15 and 16 from the Bizz Bowl participants Everything else reverts to overall record and tie breakers.

Yeah I know the playoffs change as teams lose. I appreciate it because putting the time into the mocks and not knowing the order just frustrates me haha. So going forward I will assume if something is not written it follows nfl rules. 

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I found the Google Doc I made of past Drafts. Without having original picks this is likely a deep dive. We really didn't keep track of things like we do now and it's all garbled over on WF.com now. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mUSjSAALn2-OGGYJF3PBSHCFBHgugRI9jcyNYJ0HaxY/edit?usp=sharing

I’m not doubting that you did it that way. I just wish we had more consistency with how it was done throughout. But now I have a locked in order for top 8 for my mocks and playoffs will fall in line. 

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

So quick question. If Berlin loses week 1 of the playoffs they would pick 12th correct? Since they are the highest record team. That would mimic the NFL model. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

So quick question. If Berlin loses week 1 of the playoffs they would pick 12th correct? Since they are the highest record team. That would mimic the NFL model. 

Correct. I plan on updating the Google Doc as the playoffs unfold. So once everything shakes out we can put it in the OP of the 2021 thread then you will just have to switch out the different teams that own those picks

• Like 2

1. Sacramento (from Portland)- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

Top player in the draft probably going to the worst situation in the NFL but I have to make this pick and roll the dice on the talent that is TLaw.

2. WSR- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

The second best prospect in this class, WSR lands their LT for the next decade. With back to back picks I think they go Sewell here as the BPA and leave open the option to trade down from 3 for more picks.

3. WSR- Ja’Marr Chase WR LSU

WSR decides to wait on their QB and grabs Chase to add to their WR corps here. He can compliment what I consider a good group of WR with varying skills sets. 

4. Sacramento- Micah Parsons LB PSU

Defense wins championships... I think. Parsons has great athleticism combined with great instincts. LBer is not likely worth this pick but he can bring the heat as well and is a versatile piece for my defense. 

5. Seoul- DeVonta Smith WR Bama

Samsel takes the Uber productive DeVonta Smith. The guy just makes plays despite his thin frame. Production is what Seoul targets here and give Kyler a top WR to throw to. 

6. AKB- Kyle Pitts TE UF

I don’t care what anyone says, if Pitts is here on draft day he will be playing for AKB. Orca tried to trade for Henderson from me during the draft as a UF player. They can use Pitts versatile skill set all over the offense. 

7. Sacramento (from Camden)- Jaylen Waddle WR Bama

Speed, speed and more speed. Another Bama speedster for me. Waddle can hopefully pair with Ruggs to give me an explosive passing game. 

8. Rome- Kwity Paye Edge UM

I considered going corner here for Rome but I don’t see a whole lot of three up options where they can’t 3up both Marlon and Williams Jackson. A WR could get a look here also if they move on from JuJu but the top 4 receiving threats are gone including Pitts. They go Edge which they desperately need. Paye hasn’t played much this year but he was a terror when he was on the field and his all around game can allow Rome to utilize his versatility to bolster their edge. 

9. Sacramento (from NO)- Patrick Surtain ll CB

I need corner help and take the big physical Surtain here. There are some areas of his game I would like to see him improve on but he gives me a big boundary corner who can make plays on the ball.

10. Camden (from Lancaster)- Caleb Farley CB VT

Now Fields fits perfectly into the Camden QB profile but injuries at corner really hurt them this season. With Baker and Love waiting for who knows when Jlash decides to go corner here with the very talented Farley.

11. WSR- Justin Fields QB OSU

The waiting paid off for WSR, with Sacramento owning three picks after their first two and having Burrow and Lawrence, Rome having Herbert, and AKB having Tua and Lamar, only Seoul and Camden present themselves as possibilities to pick Fields and the gamble pays off for WSR here. They get a young franchise QB at pick 11 and can build off of their success from the 2020 season.

12. Gotham- Zach Wilson QB BYU

Gotham had a lot of success with Carr at QB this season. It’s time for them to go after the young playmaker at QB in Wilson who has a strong arm, is mobile, can improvise and appears to be a great fit for the offensive schemes Gotham has ran this season. 

Will complete as Playoffs unfold

• Like 2